Gibson Brands Forums

What is your favorite place to play or see a concert in your area?

Twiz

Local I like a little place called Mill Creek Cattle Company. Nice Steakhouse and Bar with a huge stage and nice Dance Floor.

For Big Stuff I like The Greek in LA. The sound is Fantastic and you can spend the day at the Griffith Observatory before the show.

There is an amphitheater outside of Denver' date=' Colorado, that is an awesome concert venue...it's call Red Rocks.[/quote']

Hey man you don't live here now and the question was your local area.

I've not been to red rocks yet. I did see Larry Carlton & Robben Ford at the Boulder theatre (3rd row) and every place was a good seat.

Jazz festival in Winter Park was cool too.

Hey man you don't live here now and the question was your local area.

I've not been to red rocks yet. I did see Larry Carlton & Robben Ford at the Boulder theatre (3rd row) and every place was a good seat.

Jazz festival in Winter Park was cool too.

There isn't a great place to see live music here...

For large venues, Nissan Pavillian in VA is really good. Great stage, screens and acoustics, but getting in/out is a *****. If you don't leave before the last song is over, you could be stuck in the parking lot for 3+ hours!

There are several Ram's Heads in the area, and all have some great music. The biggest is Ram's Head Live in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. http://www.ramsheadlive.com/

There are a ton of places here in Nashville obviously, hell, I have seen live music at an Ice Cream Parlor, Mexican restaurants and pizza places. Once I saw a 16 year old kid play in a really goo Mom and Pop italian restaurant.

But as far as smaller venues go I liked to see music at On The Rocks because I liked the size of the venue and the sound guy was very good, I never saw him mess up. No matter who was playing they all sounded good. Sadly the place went out of business, it sits empty right now.

I'm about an hour from Alpine Valley. If it weren't for ticket companies charging "convenience charges" for a process that really isn't all that convenient, I'd see a lot more shows there. Locally, I like The Reptile Palace a lot. They have a few punk shows there, and they have Moose Drool on tap. As I mentioned in another post, there's an amazing venue called The Big Top Chautauqua that's up on Lake Superior. I'm going to be close enough for Warren Haynes to sweat on me when I see Gov't Mule in July - and they have every variation of Leinie's available. A dewy bottle of Creamy Dark, a slab of home made raspberry torte, and a kick *** band rocking my socks off in a venue where the acoustics defy physics. It's gonna be great!

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, Pittburgh used to have a lot of good places. There are just a handful left. If I ever make it out to Colorado I definitely plan on checking out Red Rocks. A friend of mine caught the Allman Brothers out there maybe 5 or 6 years ago. He said it was one of the coolest things he's ever seen.

Lots of good places. For smaller (less than 5k people), I love The Electric Factory in Philly. For big, outdoor shows, The Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ is a great facility; I'm actually closer to the PNC Arts Center but I hate the layout and the house sound system sucks. I'm close enough to NYC to take a train into the city where there are some well known places like The Roseland, The Limelight and so on but that's always seems like a hassle to me (these days).

Archived