Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Strings

I use D'Addario EXL115 on my Stratocaster. They're 11-49s.

I also use EXL115 on my solid bodies and semi's. On my full bodied archtops (L-5 & L-7) I use LaBella #800M, Black Nylon Tape Wound 14-67.

You ought to try some flat wounds on that 175. I'd recommend D'Addario Chromes as the next step.

I also use EXL115 on my solid bodies and semi's. On my full bodied archtops (L-5 & L-7) I use LaBella #800M' date=' Black Nylon Tape Wound 14-67.

You ought to try some flat wounds on that 175. I'd recommend D'Addario Chromes as the next step.[/quote']

Thanks Larry.

I might try those out after I run out the D'Addarios.

I made a commitment to myself that I will no longer go six or more months between string changes.

Gibson vintage reissue and brite wires in 10-46 on my Gibsons and Fender bullets .09-.42 on my Fenders.

KSG whats your verdict on the Vintage reissues.. I know Tim swears by them??

Regards

KSG whats your verdict on the Vintage reissues.. I know Tim swears by them??

Regards

I love them, they are very durable, they have a slightly warmer tone to my ear. I use them on my 490 and 498 equipped guitars...I use the brite wires on my 135.

For my Sheraton II, it has to D'Addario 10.5's. They sound great, for when 11's are too thick and 10's a little too thin. But you do look like a right arsey prick when people ask what strings you have on.

My Gibbo LP Custom has it's stock strings on as I only just bought it.

'52 Tele has Roto Yellows (10's)

'62 Strat has Roto Reds (11's)

In all I think Roto strings are the best brand I've used. Longer life that Ernie Balls and keep their sound a lot longer, whilst not being as bright as D'Addarios can be sometimes.

Archived