Gibson Brands Forums

Favourite Amp and Favourite guitar ( not necessarily gibson)

Andre S

Mine is my modded lp studio, still being modded ( sd APH-1, new plastics, les trem or bigsby, knob position pointers etc etc). But then thats my only electric for now so...yea....whats yours?

I love all my guitars and amps!! I really can't choose a favorite. It all depends on the mood that I'm in. Although, if I had to choose a favorite guitar I would probably pick my Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom. I love the way the neck feels in my hand. I actually prefer the Epiphone neck over my Gibson's 60's neck.

I love all my guitars and amps!! I really can't choose a favorite. It all depends on the mood that I'm in. Although' date=' if I had to choose a favorite guitar I would probably pick my Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom. I love the way the neck feels in my hand. I actually prefer the Epiphone neck over my Gibson's 60's neck.[/quote']

I'm in with project. Currently I've been spending the most time with my Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II. That guitar's nanomag pickup has really got my attention. Epi LP Ultra II's neck is so nice, with its satin finish - smooth as silk (lacquered necks are a pain - always getting gunky and sticky). Amps - tube amps are my favorites - Marshall or Bogner. I'm currently using a Bogner Alchemist.

My '88 Les Paul Standard Silverburst, period. Sweet, thick and lively tone. Plays like butter. The older it gets, the sweeter the tone.

I also own a Standard Faded which feels cheap. It lacks the warmth, dynamics, meat and power of the Silverburst. It lacks 'the jazz'.

My favorite amp, is currently needing a rebuild as it shorted out the reverb springs and almost electrocuted me.

It's a 1965 Univox 105w 4 channel full stack (8x12" Celestions in 1 box)Reverb Trem. amp.

It employs 4x6L6's and 8xEL84's Quite the powerful rig.

Besides that, my fave amp is a Vox Valvetronix, because of all the tonal capabilities if offers.

I have a favorite guitar for different reasons, mostly self explanatory, for tonal reasons.

Recording & Live sound:

My Old GLP, My Flying V, My HotRod Tele, and surprisingly, My Korean Epi. Sheraton II

Practice & "just kickin' ":

G-400 Hotrod, Tele HotRod, Sheraton II, and '98 Epi LP Std. HotRod

Acoustic Blues Box: Fender Malibu......it produces the flattest, most "cardboard box" tone imaginable, which is perfectly suited for "Delta & Roots" Blues, but absolutely nothing else.

My favorite guitars am hook up. it is a Private stock PRS single cut with top 10 curly maple top dark cherry finish with mahogany back, and a rosewood neck ( it has been at my local guitar store for 3 months i have gone in and played it at least 2 times a week. Still working u the $$$ for it, they want 17 k for it.) the Amp is a Marshall JVM ful stack ( that explanes its self).

Mr. Guitarjunkie that is a wonderful setup, it would be my favorite too if I had that amp.

Mi favorite is the peavey 5150 head with the 5150 cab, and lots of gibson les pauls: studio, standard, custom and historic. NOT the supreme.

Archived