Gibson Brands Forums

Which is your favourite hot sauce?

DrJustice

It's summer and the barbecue season is nigh!

Even here in the Northern Scandinavian climate.

One of the local shops have a selection of around 70 American style hot sauces. All the sauces have the most crazy names and claim to set you on fire. I find it impossible to make a choice...

Therefore I ask, which is your favourite American style hot sauce, and why?

DJ

--

Sriracha is hands down the best hot sauce out there. If you want something thinner, more "American" you can always water it down. It has a fairly potent kick, but not to the point where it numbs your mouth. Also, aside from being hot, it has a great flavor and consistancy. Whereas some sauces are better with chicken, and some are better with beef and pork, Sriracha is a good all-around hot sauce that adds a lot of spice and flavor to everything without masking the taste of the meat.

Sriracha is hands down the best hot sauce out there. If you want something thinner' date=' more "American" you can always water it down. It has a fairly potent kick, but not to the point where it numbs your mouth. Also, aside from being hot, it has a great flavor and consistancy. Whereas some sauces are better with chicken, and some are better with beef and pork, Sriracha is a good all-around hot sauce that adds a lot of spice and flavor to everything without masking the taste of the meat.[/quote']

That's the Asian one with the rooster's on the bottle, right.

That's good mixed with ketchup as a dipping sauce for Tater Tots. Try it Chef. You'll like it.

I'm no connoisseur but I like hot sauces that are hot but actually have a flavor to them rather than just being hot and covering up the food you put it on with overwhelming hotness. That said, I like Foodtown hot sauce.

Thanks for the replies folks! Keep'em coming!

I'm pining for a grilled steak now =;

I know they have the Dave's Gourmet sauces. I'll write down the others mentioned here and pick up a few at the store in the coming week.

DJ

--

That's the Asian one with the rooster's on the bottle' date=' right.

That's good mixed with ketchup as a dipping sauce for Tater Tots. Try it Chef. You'll like it.[/quote']

I like salt, pepper, and vinegar on my 'tots. Ketchup and I don't get along too well. And yeah, Sriracha has the rooster on the bottle.

Archived