Gibson Brands Forums

Play fair guys

Flight959

Play Fair guys!

The one Moderator we do have here(Ksdaddy), is very easy going.... and for that I think we are all lucky. It must be a nightmare to log into the forums to deal with the daily requests and complaints in your inbox followed by lengthy threads which have lost the plot which need to be checked.

Let's slow it down a bit eh..

Its getting a bit silly now!!

Regards..

I really hate to even bring up the fact that I'm a mod here. I don't want to appear to be a hall monitor or small town cop. I don't see that as my role. I see posts here that are just downright ignorant, mean, inflammatory.... use whatever word you like. Regardless of my personal opinion of a post, I think I would be abusing my responsibility as a moderator to go deleting posts or banning members based on that. Most of my activity is spent deleting posts from Chinese footwear vendors. I have deleted posts because of profanity, racial slurs, etc. I figure that crosses the line. Other than that, I leave stuff alone, knowing full well there will always be trolling, inflammatory posts, and as long as the language is kept clean and the overall guidelines of the foum are followed, then I don't see why I should go censoring stuff. I wouldn't want a mod deleting MY posts if I were to take an unpopular political stance or I was simply expressing my opinion.

As to trolls..... they have no effect unless you allow that to happen.

I really hate to even bring up the fact that I'm a mod here. I don't want to appear to be a hall monitor or small town cop. I don't see that as my role. I see posts here that are just downright ignorant' date=' mean, inflammatory.... use whatever word you like. Regardless of my personal opinion of a post, I think I would be abusing my responsibility as a moderator to go deleting posts or banning members based on that. Most of my activity is spent deleting posts from Chinese footwear vendors. I have deleted posts because of profanity, racial slurs, etc. I figure that crosses the line. Other than that, I leave stuff alone, knowing full well there will always be trolling, inflammatory posts, and as long as the language is kept clean and the overall guidelines of the foum are followed, then I don't see why I should go censoring stuff. I wouldn't want a mod deleting MY posts if I were to take an unpopular political stance or I was simply expressing my opinion.

As to trolls..... they have no effect unless you allow that to happen.[/quote']

Cool.... I guess that's why they picked you. Good job!

Play Fair guys!

The one Moderator we do have here(Ksdaddy)' date=' is very easy going.... and for that I think we are all lucky. {snip}

[/quote']

As I stated in another thread:

Actually there are a few mods here, not just ksd. He is just the one most people here know. Just because you don't see them post that often, doesn't mean they don't exist. But make no mistake they are here. Not everyone hangs out in the lounge.

Archived