Gibson Brands Forums

Obama is a God! or Bush is a God! It doesn't matter to the point.

Homz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the same as standing on a street corner and cussing at the top of your lungs' date=' or [b']flashing obscene photos at kids as they walk by.[/b]

i was following until you typed this. credibility lost.

daaaaannnnnng.

i post on one of the busiest message board on the internets. its all women. hundreds of thousands of women from all over the world. there are no moderators. yes, it gets extremely heated sometimes & sometimes there really are crazy stalker b's on there. theres trolling and bogus pleas for help, but for the most part, its a good group of people full of helpful information about any subject you can imagine.

i think if this place had more members, the drama wouldnt get so out of hand.

if theres a mod reading my post, PM me & i will point you there.

oh' date=' and according to all the emails i received during election.... Obama is not a God, he is the Antichrist or an Islamic Terrorist [/quote']

Oh yeah he is all those things. And a god. And a Communist and a Capitalist pig and many other things.

The problem is the refusal of ether side of an argument to yield not the topic. Eye see the 3 comment to a thread designed to stop the perpetual motion of argument mostly by the design of trolls.

Exactly. No one needs to worry about a ban unless they continually disrupt the board, and even then, the mods will still have discretion. Most times I would think that a thread would be locked or deleted, or if possible, simply the removal of the offending post.

Trolls are just too obvious, and the mods will have no problem separating their type from the regulars

Am I? Am I really? Could it be that we just don't agree on the issues? Is that what a troll is? I always thought a troll was simply trying to disrupt a forum for the purpose of simply getting attention. IF that be the definition then I am a bit more then a troll. You know that Murph.

Here's how I see it, for what it's worth. And let me make it perfectly clear that I get a kick out of some of your sillier polls (i.e. cavemen vs. astronauts) and that I really enjoy getting the Wicked Red e-mails.

It seems to me that your chosen title for this thread was intended to disrupt the forum and bring attention to yourself. If your purpose was simply to state your opinions on the new proposal for ethics here, you could have titled it something like "My Take On Things" or "I Want An Anything Goes Forum" or something somehow related to your first post. Instead, you chose a title that you knew would get a rise out of the members here that you constantly butt heads with in threads pertaining to various polarized topics.

Personally, I don't complain about such things, because it's commonly stated that if you don't like something, don't read it. When a thread dealing with political issues stays on the front page for days, even weeks at a time, sometimes you have to click just to see what's so G.D. interesting. It usually comes down to two or three pages of legitimate points being made, becoming more and more terse, and then 17 pages of "you're an idiot" "no you're an idiot" "well you smell bad" "nuh uh, you do" "well my presidential candidate can beat up your presidential candidate"

Meanwhile, legitimate questions come and go, sometimes without a response because everyone is too busy posting on the original thread, or creating derogatory offshoot threads, or creating offshoots of those offshoots, until there are ten active topics on the front page that clearly demonstrate that while we're all united by a common love of guitars, we all have a dark side of us that wants to lurk under a bridge and eat billy goats.

The funny thing about it is that at this point, it's pretty clear where those of us who are interested in politics stand, and it's painfully obvious that nothing that's posted on a guitar forum is going to sway the other side. That fact, combined with the anonymity that the internet provides, makes it a lot easier to point out in no uncertain terms how stupid the other side of the argument is.

It's getting to the point now where the lounge just needs to be re-titled as a link that says "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Here's how I see it' date=' for what it's worth. And let me make it perfectly clear that I get a kick out of some of your sillier polls (i.e. cavemen vs. astronauts) and that I really enjoy getting the Wicked Red e-mails.

It seems to me that your chosen title for this thread was intended to disrupt the forum and bring attention to yourself. If your purpose was simply to state your opinions on the new proposal for ethics here, you could have titled it something like "My Take On Things" or "I Want An Anything Goes Forum" or something somehow related to your first post. Instead, you chose a title that you knew would get a rise out of the members here that you constantly butt heads with in threads pertaining to various polarized topics.

Personally, I don't complain about such things, because it's commonly stated that if you don't like something, don't read it. When a thread dealing with political issues stays on the front page for days, even weeks at a time, sometimes you have to click just to see what's so G.D. interesting. It usually comes down to two or three pages of legitimate points being made, becoming more and more terse, and then 17 pages of "you're an idiot" "no you're an idiot" "well you smell bad" "nuh uh, you do" "well my presidential candidate can beat up your presidential candidate"

Meanwhile, legitimate questions come and go, sometimes without a response because everyone is too busy posting on the original thread, or creating derogatory offshoot threads, or creating offshoots of those offshoots, until there are ten active topics on the front page that clearly demonstrate that while we're all united by a common love of guitars, we all have a dark side of us that wants to lurk under a bridge and eat billy goats.

The funny thing about it is that at this point, it's pretty clear where those of us who are interested in politics stand, and it's painfully obvious that nothing that's posted on a guitar forum is going to sway the other side. That fact, combined with the anonymity that the internet provides, makes it a lot easier to point out in no uncertain terms how stupid the other side of the argument is.

It's getting to the point now where the lounge just needs to be re-titled as a link that says "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."[/quote']

Dante rocks.

BTW I created that post just after on another thread where I was attempting to make a point of subject matter that may be off limits. So using the Obama thing was as you stated, just to get attention. BTW it worked.

Troll.

Murph as it seems you don't want to or can't seem to get it, I will do my very best to explain. I was simply saying that this kind of thread will in the near future not be allowed. The point had nothing to do with Obama. I don't think Obama was or is a god of any kind. I was making a non-political statement about the concept of more policing in the lounge. Now if you were offended I apologize. I am not even as big of an Obama supporter as you may think.

Please be nice now. Are we still buddies? :-

Murph as it seems you don't want to or can't seem to get it' date=' I will do my very best to explain. I was simply saying that this kind of thread will in the near future not be allowed. The point had nothing to do with Obama. I don't think Obama was or is a god of any kind. I was making a non-political statement about the concept of more policing in the lounge. Now if you were offended I apologize. I am not even as big of an Obama supporter as you may think.

Please be nice now. Are we still buddies? :- [/quote']

Jeez, I may be dense or drunk, but I don't see the loss of this type of thread as a bad thing.

Let's see, musical instrument based forum, but half the threads are political or religion based, if not for pure attention seeking?

Nope, still don't see a problem there. Bon voyage.

Jeez' date=' I may be dense or drunk, but I don't see the loss of this type of thread as a bad thing. [/quote']

I agree.

I'm sick of threads designed to start sh!t.

SICK.....

Sheeze.

I agree.

I'm sick of threads designed to start sh!t.

SICK.....

Sheeze.

If you think that's what this thread is about then you don't get it. I am unable to explain it further. Don't blame yourself Murph. I blame me, I must be unable to reach you. I am obviously to stupid to get the point across.

Murph' date=' I was simply saying that this kind of thread will in the near future not be allowed. [/quote']

Good.

It's a STUPID THREAD!

Sheeze, Homz. Grow a brain.........................

Good.

It's a STUPID THREAD!

Sheeze' date=' Homz. Grow a brain.........................[/quote']

yep, as you say, I shall try to grow a brain. I am obviously a stupid man.

This is not going to end well. Keep fighting Homz. And by the way' date=' why must it be named troll? It's one of Norways most sacred thing (except from tourists from Germany)[/quote']

Years ago, when the Internet was young and Chat Rooms were becoming popular with the kids, people would "Troll" though the Chat Rooms, trying to pick a fight. They were using the American definition of the word "troll", to fish with a lure.

As it happened, as it was supposed to happen, our friends across the pond would mistake the use of the word Troll for the big creature who protects bridges and lives in mountainous caves, as they use the word "Trawl" for fishing with a lure. Before you know it, people all over the world are mistaking one "Troll" for another.

Why would this come up. Because I can. Now the question is weather I will be allowed to do so in the near future. Do you want your lounge to become nothing but pics of Tim's guitars (no offense Tim' date=' they are very nice guitars).

[/quote']

Well if the question is the weather, then answer is currently sunny

Archived