Gibson Brands Forums

CNN Poll: Opinion of Dick Cheney on the rise!

NeoConMan

CNN Poll: Favorable opinion of **** Cheney on the rise

WASHINGTON (CNN) — The same day **** Cheney delivered a major speech on the battle against terrorism, a new national poll suggests that favorable opinions of the former vice president are on the rise.

But the CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey, released Wednesday morning, indicates that a majority of Americans still have an unfavorable opinion of Cheney.

Fifty-five percent of people questioned in the poll say they have an unfavorable opinion of the former vice president. Thirty-seven percent say they have a favorable opinion of Cheney, up eight points from January when he left office.

In the past two months the former vice president has become a frequent critic of the new Administration in numerous national media interviews.

“Is Cheney’s uptick due to his visibility as one of the most outspoken critics of the Obama administration? Almost certainly not,” says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. “Former President George W. Bush's favorable rating rose six points in that same time period, and Bush has not given a single public speech since he left office.”

The poll suggests that 41 percent of Americans hold a favorable opinion of the former president, with 57 percent viewing him unfavorably.

The survey’s release came just a few hours before Cheney spoke out Thursday on the war against terror during a speech at the American Enterprise Institute, a Washington based think tank. The former vice president defended the Bush Administration’s handling of the war on terror and challenged the Obama Administration’s attempt to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted May 14-17, with 1,010 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey’s sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

On CNN even!!!!!

HAH!

You have to give him credit for not wavering from his convictions

I do.

As widely hated as he is by the Left, I've always had a great deal of respect for him.

The 2004 Vice Presidential debate against John Edwards was just a glimpse into the mind he has.

Very intelligent man.

I think that **** Cheney is a very smart guy...He spent a lot of years in D.C. and knows how government works and how to get things done there. That being said, I don't agree with all of his policies, but I do agree with many of his ideas about the world. All the conjecture and innuendo about him getting rich because of Iraq is pretty weak, as both the president and vp have ALL of their personal wealth in blind trusts and are required to divest themselves of any corporate powers and profit motives. The president and VP are required to make their Income tax statements public and we can see where their money comes from...Presidents don't get rich until after they leave office...Look at Bill Clinton as an example, he wasn't wealthy going into office but he made some coin after he got out.

Where is Bush in all of this? I hope you know **** Cheney and Bush are playing you guys as fools.

Bush disappeared after the Election but **** Cheney is up there fighting, The Whole Idiot Bush thing was an act.

Bush has played the whole lot of ya, Obama is in the same party Bush is in, Compare Pre-election Bush with Pre-election Obama and you will see.

So, Cheney's favorable rating has gone up a few points since he "left office?" Cheney's favorable rating started going up with me about November 5th 2008 or thereabouts.

And I'm not remotely a man that runs around with left wing blinders on so don't bother. I just don't happen to run around with right wing blinders on either.

Archived