Gibson Brands Forums

What's up with Quebec?

Homz

What's up with Quebec?

We have our Louisiana Purchase, but they mostly speak English or a reasonable facsimile. Just wondering.

Disregard Alaska from your considerations. We'll just call that West Canada.

Quebec City and Montreal are very cool places to visit, mainly because you feel like you are more in Europe than in North America. BTW, today is the 40 year anniversary of Lennon singing "Give Peace a Chance" at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal. I stayed there once...

Do they have Canadian bacon?

I'm WAY for that......

The funny thing about "canadian bacon"...

I'm 40, and I love eating a dead pig probably more than the next guy, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten canadian bacon. I'd even have enough fingers left over to go bowling (the 10-pin type with the three finger holes, not the canadian version with the mini no-holed ball).

Did I mention I love Canadian hookers?

I do they're neato peachy keen.

Vouly Vouly Vue .

Back when I used to frequent the Windsor 'ballet' (strip clubs), all the best looking women were from Quebec.

But man Quebecians are a$$holes. You're not in France. Your in Canada. Get over it. Lets make everybody conform to the will of a small minority just cuz you want to speak French.

Of course it is the Canadian government. MOTTO - Backbone? We don't need no stinkin' backbone -

Sorry Canadians. You know I love ya but the Goverment there sux.

CANADADIAN BACON (the movie) RULZ!

Back when I used to frequent the Windsor 'ballet' (strip clubs)' date=' all the best looking women were from Quebec.

But man Quebecians are a$$holes. You're not in France. Your in Canada. Get over it. Lets make everybody conform to the will of a small minority just cuz you want to speak French.

Of course it is the Canadian government. MOTTO - Backbone? We don't need no stinkin' backbone -

Sorry Canadians. You know I love ya but the Goverment there sux.

[/quote']

Thats not their motto anymore apparently America had it copyrighted in the 50's and sued them for it.

What's up with Quebec?

We have our Louisiana Purchase' date=' but they mostly speak English or a reasonable facsimile. Just wondering. [/i']

The short answer is that they are a small nation/state within a larger state. This situation tends to breed a protectionist attitude. Want to understand this more? Read up on North American history, specifically around the time of the French and Indian war and what happened to Quebec after the French revolution.

Canadian bacon - you can't get real Canadian bacon in the States. That crap they label as such is just modified ham. The real deal is peameal bacon. It's the lean cut off of the back (American bacon comes from the belly) and IMO the tastiest part of the pig. Cut a slab, pan fry it, and slap it on a roll with some hot mustard. Hell yes.

Montreal and Quebec City have some of the best food in North America. There is nothing better than a steaming plate of poutine after a few beers. And the moules et frites in Montreal are second only to Belgium's.

"Give Peace a Chance" at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal. I stayed there once...

ahhhh yes, room 1742.

My ex-girlfriends mom worked there. We wanted to stay in that room. It was over $1000 a night, but you got to keep the jammies and you got served the same brekky John & Yoko had.

hehe!! I will say this. If you can't have a good time in Montreal, then you can't have a good time, period.

Poutine is all well and good, but if you want some truly awesome eats, you have to get a Montreal Smoked meat sandwich.

It's Brisket, and like Corned beef it is done in a brine, but it is also smoked like pastrami. By far and away the best of the three ways that brisket sandwiches are done.

Oh and also as a Canadian, I have never seen anything in the store called Canadian bacon. I assume that it just means back bacon, and is a marketing term used in the US. PS it is also not ham. Ham is pig ***, not back or belly, where bacon comes from.

Archived