Gibson Brands Forums

Point to Ponder

deepblue

the LP section S-U-C-K-S

is my guitar fake? how do i sound like Jimmy Page? My Studio weighs 10 lbs, so it is solidbody...

filled with newbs, scammers and ******bags.

the lounge has ******bags, but at least they are entertaining.

Mines a fake, it's an Epiphone. And it weighs ten pounds. And I modded the schitt out of it. Dunno if it's weight relieved or not and frankly don't really care, although a few hours standing with it weighs heavily on my shoulder, but aint Lester's supposed to do that? My Goldtop I had wasn't that heavy. Wasn't much heavier than the SG I had...kinda wish I still had 'em. Oh well...

My '78 Les Paul is a Norlin era guitar, but it is not one of the "pancake" bodies however it is totally heavy so much that after 30 years of playing it I look sort of like the hunch back of Notre Dame.

I've decided to unglue the neck from the body and make a new body out of laminated balsa wood and just re-attach the neck. While I'm at it I don't want the added weight of those extra heavy coils so I'm going to put single coils in it oh and only one tone control as I think I can adjust the volume with a pedal just fine.

My '78 Les Paul is a Norlin era guitar' date=' but it is not one of the "pancake" bodies however it is totally heavy so much that after 30 years of playing it I look sort of like the hunch back of Notre Dame.

I've decided to unglue the neck from the body and make a new body out of laminated balsa wood and just re-attach the neck. While I'm at it I don't want the added weight of those extra heavy coils so I'm going to put single coils in it oh and only one tone control as I think I can adjust the volume with a pedal just fine.[/quote']

Sweet! Can I see when it's done?

I gave up on the LP section because nobody could/would tell me how to sound like Slash...

LOLZ

Well I don't even own a Gibson guitar

(besides my guitar hero les paul and my bro lets me borrow his Gibson 12- string)

I don't like fender fourms' date=' they are to small and to hard to interperet what people have qouted and said.

The gibson bass section is more dead than a new Chevy Chase movie. So Im here in the lounge,

I HAVE NO OTHER PLACE TO GO:-

It's all good Bass, you're always welcome here in the lounge...hell, they let ME in, they'll let anyone in,why, I don't even own a Gibson, just a cheap inferior copy made with sub-standard woods and electronics that I only paid 499 bucks for, but you know what? I'm happy with what I have, I don't give a rat's arse what it's made of, how much it cost, or frankly what anyone thinks, because I know what it's capable of doing, it's ONE OF the better guitars I've ever owned, period. Wow, why'd this turn into a rant????? Anyway...GLAD TO HAVE YA BASSHOLE. Question, do you take your handle from the fact you play bass guitar, or you enjoy bass fishing, or both? Just curious is all...

Archived