Gibson Brands Forums

Would this work?

I've been thinking of making some cosmetic changes on my worn cherry SG Special Faded. What do you guys think, first of all, of a white pickguard? Second, I'm very strongly considering gold hardware--would the three (the cherry finish, white pickguard, and gold hardware) look terrible together? Have any of you seen anything like what I'm describing? Finally, I'm definitely going to put on a Stetsbar (or at least to try it out--I really don't want to drill any holes.)

Thoughts?

I've been thinking of making some cosmetic changes on my worn cherry SG Special Faded. What do you guys think' date=' first of all, of a white pickguard? Second, I'm very strongly considering gold hardware--would the three (the cherry finish, white pickguard, and gold hardware) look terrible together? Have any of you seen anything like what I'm describing? Finally, I'm definitely going to put on a Stetsbar (or at least to try it out--I really don't want to drill any holes.)

Thoughts?[/quote']

Ok, well thats an interesting combo. Check the link below, its a virtual guitar builder, pick the sg and just put in all the features you described, and you should get a better idea of how it would look.

http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp

Ok' date=' well thats an interesting combo. Check the link below, its a virtual guitar builder, pick the sg and just put in all the features you described, and you should get a better idea of how it would look.

[/quote']

Thanks for this link, this is a really cool way to mix and match stuff.

Hey guys. I don't really know what was going on, everything about my negative post count and all of that. Gibson didn't let me sign in to my own account, but when I actually re-registered with the same account information (twice!) it seemed to let me back in. I don't know what's going to happen.

I do actually really love the look of the guitar, though. I think that might be exactly what I'm going to do with it.

You guys think it's ugly?

Hey guys. I don't really know what was going on' date=' everything about my negative post count and all of that. Gibson didn't let me sign in to my own account, but when I actually re-registered with the same account information (twice!) it seemed to let me back in. I don't know what's going to happen.

I do actually really love the look of the guitar, though. I think that might be exactly what I'm going to do with it.

You guys think it's ugly?[/quote']

Its not bad..its definitely NOT for some people, myself included, but its alright..

I didn't used to like gold hardware. Last November I bought my daughter an '08 Studio Fireburst with gold, and it's really grown on me. Now when I see the old aged ones I'm thinking it looks cool.

Your taste can change, mine did.

Best of luck.

P.S. glad to see you paid your post debt. off..................

:-s/

Archived