Gibson Brands Forums

Sept. 17 A Great Day for America!

jaxson50

Tomorrow at the public school my daughter in law works at, it is "Talk like a pirate day!". I have been invited to volunteer to "talk like a pirate" at the library and read pirate books. This is the same school that didn't do anything on Constitution Day, nor did they recognize Sept 11th this year.

I declined to participate in the pirate thing. O:)

Tomorrow at the public school my daughter in law works at' date=' it is "Talk like a pirate day!". I have been invited to volunteer to "talk like a pirate" at the library and read pirate books. This is the same school that didn't do anything on Constitution Day, nor did they recognize Sept 11th this year.

I declined to participate in the pirate thing. O:) [/quote']

I'm with you in spirit. But I must admit a certain regret for passing on a perfect opportunity to dress up like a pirate and stick a steering wheel part way down the front of your trousers. Oh, the fun you'd have with that.

Arrrr! It's drivin' me nuts!

On Sept 17 1787 thirty nine men signed the U.S. Constitution.

This is a day we should celebrate as much as we do the 4th of July' date='

Happy Constitution Day![/quote']

yes, i agree with you completely.... my school had an "American Flag colors" day today.... happy Constitution Day!! O:)

Ha. Know Body Knows What That is Any More.

I do.

You should too.

Happy Constitution Day Everybody!

Synopsis of the Bill of RIghts:

The First amendment protects the Second Amdendment.

The Second amendment protects the First Amenedment.

Together they both protect the other 8 and the original Constitution.

The surest way to abrogate The Constitution is to destroy the first or second. It don't matter which. The rest will fall like dominos.

Now' date=' doggone it, Steve, I'm wrackin' my pore ol' brain and I can't, for the life of me, figger out what pen you're talking about. You callin' me OLD??!! :- [/quote']

Me.innocent0007.gif..innocent0007.gif. For heaven's sake no way, not a ......g chance!!!

I musta' seen someone that looked like you outside the hall that day.confused0024.gif.confused0024.gif.

Thank you TommyK for that Synopsis of the Bill of Rights:

The First Amendment protects the Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment protects the First Amendment. (Most people don't seem to get how profound this is...)

Together they protect the other 8 and the original Constitution.

The surest way to abrogate The Constitution is to destroy the first or second. It don't matter which.

The rest will fall like dominos.

(When I post stuff like this, I get called a NeoCon - among other things.....)

:-k/

This was news to me too! For such a new country I would this day should be celebrated too! Cheers to my American friends on here.

re-September the 11th, this year was the first year the school didn't instruct staff and pupils to be silent for a minute of respect. The days just passed like any other day.

I thought it was a tasteful amount of years that respect was paid and it was time to move on. Not forget...but move on.

Matt

Shows how much they teach kids in school nowadays...I didn't even know there was a Constitution Day

I was listening to a report talking about the teaching of our American history in school now days. They did a survey among a group of high school kids in Oklahoma (you could probably add any other state name and would be the same) and asked the question "Who was the first president of the United States of America?" and also several other questions that are on the test/form they give immigrants who are trying to become American citizens. They stated that 93% of immigrants pass the test on the first try.

Only one in four American high school students surveyed got the question right! I almost run off the road when I heard that(listening to the radio on the way to work)

"American Flag Colors Day" Never heard of it. How did your school celebrate?

well i go to a catholic high school, where i have to wear a uniform.... khakis and a polo shirt (we get them from lands end and we can wear any color).... but basically everyone just wore either a red, white, or blue shirt.

.... so it wasnt anything exciting. sorry.

Archived