Gibson Brands Forums

Dirty Dishes........

Murph

I'm starting this thread for fun. Sorta.

My wife works midnights. We both have very heavy schedules.

When I cook (and I do, a lot, and enjoy it), I tend to wash pots, pans, and things as I go. Even knives, mixing bowls, ect. By the time the meal is done, there aren't many dishes dirty.

On the other hand..... When she cooks, she tends to just throw things aside, and there is a huge cleanup to be done later...... Which can many times turn into the next day, making it even more "less" fun.....

Am I being scammed, or do women just think this way?

My ex was pretty much the same.

Be nice......., but I am curious about this......

Too funny! Apparently we married the same woman. I can have multiple things cooking at once and still get the dishes done before it hits the table. Her? Not so much... =P~ Usually looks like a tornado came through the kitchen.

That's it, man. My thinking is, turn on the hot water, hit it with some soap, wash it, dry it real quick and put it up. Why do I need to rinse it and put it in the dishwasher?

I think they are brainwashed into thinking it's not clean unless it goes through the "machine", even if it still has gunk on it......

So None of You Have a Dishwasher

See.

That's how SHE thinks......

Yea, we have one, but I can wash it, just as quick as rinsing it, and it's done. Don't have to put it in, take it out, ect.

Are you a girl?

=P~/

When I do the cooking (couple of times a week or more) I clean as I go. I'm usually left with 1 pan, depending on what's cooking. (That's after I have to search for a counter top to work on and a stove to cook on. Both are usually covered with magazines and mail).

My wife is a usually a "pile it in the sink" person. I do like it when my wife cooks tomato sauce, it's a very colorful kitchen when she's done. I know that if you throw pasta at the wall and it sticks it's done.. I think she thinks it works for the sauce as well.:-k :-k =P~ ..

I am not married, but me and my roommates follow this code:

If you cook, you don't clean up. If you ate and didn't cook, you must clean. If cooking was a joint effort, so is cleaning up. You also have to rinse off the dishes before the dishwasher, not everything that sticks to plates will come off in the washer.

I am not married' date=' but me and my roommates follow this code:

If you cook, you don't clean up. If you ate and didn't cook, you must clean. If cooking was a joint effort, so is cleaning up. You also have to rinse off the dishes before the dishwasher, not everything that sticks to plates will come off in the washer. [/quote']

That's the same system me and the wife have worked out.

It's saved us from many pointless arguments too !

So None of You Have a Dishwasher

I think it's a bigger pain to load and unload than to just do the dishes. I just walked in the door after working. I have two kids living with me, ages 19 and 23, and I just did the dished they left.

What are you talking about Cuda? I have a dishwasher... been married to her for 21 years! We have a system, too.

If I cook, she does the dishes, but if she cooks, she does the dishes.

Yeah, I said it...

and she KNOWS I said it.... (and I'm still sleeping inside!)

:D/ :D/ :D/

/chuckle

AXE' date=' why do I envision rows and rows of Alpha-Getti?

[/quote']

Oh my!!! I *snorted*

I make a lot of stews and gumbo's by the gallon. and just eat till there gone and start over:d/

One pot one bowl one fork one knife.

Spoons are for stirring coffee.

What are you talking about Cuda? I have a dishwasher... been married to her for 21 years! We have a system' date=' too.

Yeah, I said it...

/chuckle

[/quote']

That guy's got steel cahones !

What are you talking about Cuda? I have a dishwasher... been married to her for 21 years! We have a system' date=' too.

Yeah, I said it...

/chuckle

[/quote']

ChanMan your the Man. Thats the Same Way Around Here.

My oldlady Knows I only do Certain Stuff Around the House.

Dishes and Cleaning Just Anit one of them, Allways been like that and

I do Cook Better than She Does. But for Some Reason I do Like to Vacum.

I'm starting this thread for fun. Sorta.

My wife works midnights. We both have very heavy schedules.

When I cook (and I do' date=' a lot, and enjoy it), I tend to wash pots, pans, and things as I go. Even knives, mixing bowls, ect. By the time the meal is done, there aren't many dishes dirty.

On the other hand..... When she cooks, she tends to just throw things aside, and there is a huge cleanup to be done later...... Which can many times turn into the next day, making it even more "less" fun.....

Am I being scammed, or do women just think this way?

My ex was pretty much the same.

Be nice......., but I am curious about this......

[/quote']

This is me and my wife to the T. I clean as we go while hers is left until the morn or so.

A researcher would have a field day with this one!! My wife and duaghter are the same - cut a piece of carrot with one knife, cut a piece of celery with a new knife, cut a piece of brocilli with another clean clean knife. Stir the pot drop the spoon on the counter. Prepare the evening, or other meal it looks like a bomb went off in our kitchen. Me, I cleanup as I go.

Archived