Gibson Brands Forums

Possibly a great amp.

AXE®

Out of the like 5 seconds of crunchy chords that guy played, I have to give it a thumbs down.

What I hate about gear review videos/sound clips is that it's so easy to get a decent crunchy lead tone that that's what they focus on. Screw that - I want to hear how big, fat open cowboy chords and palm muted power chords sound when the amp is jacked up. If it can't handle chords, it's not worth a dime.

Out of the like 5 seconds of crunchy chords that guy played' date=' I have to give it a thumbs down.

What I hate about gear review videos/sound clips is that it's so easy to get a decent crunchy lead tone that that's what they focus on. Screw that - I want to hear how big, fat open cowboy chords and palm muted power chords sound when the amp is jacked up. If it can't handle chords, it's not worth a dime.[/quote']

Yea, I have to admit I have when every single gear review, whether it be guitar, amp, pedal, etc, is always the same cheesy sounding bluesy licks and solos we hear in every other video and audio review. Regular people don't try out gear that way, they play songs they know, or songs they wrote to see if it sounds good.

I love how everyone hates it and DAS likes it.

Well... Not everyone.

I didn't watch the video but I will definately give it a shot if I see it in stores.

it sounded good there but I would like to here it with a clean setting...

wasn just me

AXE is right bout the whole youtube vid

You can't get an accurate assessment of tonal qualities from a Youtube clip.=P~

But I'm gonna be checking some out.=D>/

No, not as far as frequency response is concerned but you can still get a good idea of what it's overdrive characteristics are like. Listening to that clip, even though the reviewer is leaning on upper mids, the lower notes sound fuzzy and lack definition. IMO, anyway. But, checking it out in person is still the best assessment.

I called around, and I couldn't find any shops around here that have these amps. I guess maybe they're too new? A buddy of mine is looking to get a new amp, I'm going to recommend he check this one out.

2006?!? Crap. How'd I miss that? I guess our shops just haven't got the amps in yet...

We have a saying here in Pgh:

"If you ever find out the world is going to end, move to Pittsburgh, because you'll have at least another 5 years."

Archived