Gibson Brands Forums

What if Hendrix were still alive?

nikko18

I think he and Thomas Dolby would be selling cell phone software dohickeys to the world, making zillions of dollars, and only coming out every once in a while to amuse himself.

Prolly using some synthesizer stuff just to p-off the otherwise musical folks.

Maybe like the Blue Man Group.

no one said they were better... he's just past his prime

OK.

I'll just say that I'll agree to disagree.

Prime? Go figure.

I think that a guy like EC (or Buddy Guy, or BB King, or maybe even guys like Albert Lee, Vince Gill, etc.) prolly have more going on than anyone we know could ever cobble together.

Don't hate - Appreciate!

I think that a guy like EC (or Buddy Guy' date=' or BB King, or maybe even guys like Albert Lee, Vince Gill, etc.) prolly have more going on than anyone we know could ever cobble together.

[/quote']

TRUTH

hey you where right.. there was no fight

I know, but please go watch the "Concert For George" - everyone there was kind of standing back and letting everyone else happen.

Folks past their prime seemed to understand it, it looked to me like they were all doing what they did for the sake of each other... and Dang - they all had their stuff from way-back-when.

Can't bang on those guys - even if they don't have a top-ten single going on today.

I think Hendrix would have kept growing the way Jeff Beck has done; and not been a nostalgia player, but a forward looking one.

My friends son filmed an interview with Clint Eastwood and said he wasn't interested in talking about Dirty Harry, or his westerns but his next project. That really inspired me, the idea of looking ahead and not getting too comfortable.

By the way Jeff Beck... What a player!!!!!

Matt

Archived