Gibson Brands Forums

The Girl with Billie Holidays Voice & Robert Jonhnson Fingers

music4love

And A Big Gibson SJ200 on her lap. Her name is Sunny War. She has an endorsement with Gibson, a songwriting contract with BMI, and a free ride to a Music Conservatory to study classical guitar, (accordng to the LA Times). Did I mention she was totally self taught since the age of 12 and is now only 16. All I can say is wow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlWzUqmYwKU and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG9mfgsLQsQ

Thank you for sharing I love being introduced to new things. Yes her voice was the type that at first you feel a little intrigued and maybe even a little uncomfortable by, but then you get woven in and it all makes sense.

She exudes originality.

Matt

Know what y'all mean about the voice, and I guess the guitar technique will grow in time.

I don't "get" her yet, but time will tell as it always does. I just hope it's kind to her.....

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where

thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." H.T.

Nice guitar work' date=' but Ithought she was singing in german or vulcan or something, until I heard three english words. Her voice is distracting from the guitar playing. Nice find though.[/quote']

LOL vulcan!!

I cant stop laughing.

Well, First Off - I have to keep reminding myself that there will always be people with 1/10th my experience that sound 10X better than I do. Then I have to remind myself I usually have to listen to a song 3 or 4 times straight to really 'get it'. Then I usually like what I hear, like now - plus, in this case, know that in a a few years with a little luck, she may wind up being really great. But, I'd lose the facial jewelry, in case it's not popular a few years out. Or at least, not wear it on her first album cover.

Archived