Gibson Brands Forums

A shout out to our International members

Bluemoon

I have to say that one of the bright spots on this forum is the fact that we have a great community of international members. I really enjoy reading your perspective on topics—whether it is Gibson guitars, music, social, or cultural issues.

This forum is a far better place with you guys involved and I hope you continue to participate—even when some of our more xenophobic members make that hard to do. As someone who was born in England and grew up there and in Belgium before immigrating to the US, I really enjoy your participation.

Gibson is a global brand. This forum needs to do a better job of embracing that fact.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wawwww....

You got us all teary-eyed now man!(well, almost...!).

A very, very big thank you for that excellent and certainly touching initiative! I'm certainly speaking on behalf of all us here. In my humble opinion, music, free speech, the right to expression and open-mindness to new ideas are things that go together.

From our side, a very big thank you to Gibson, the mods, the simple members that offer us this free platform to dicsuss all the things that we care about, love, hate of find simple interest to - and most of them we share with you guys!

We know there are members that welcome us open-heartingly and others that are more sceptical. From our side we are aware of the fact and definitely understanding. We do our best to reach out and appreciate any effort to achieve this, from our fellow-gibsonites. This is the whole reason for being in here anyway!

Many, many thanks again Bluemoon!

(are you trying to run for MOTM...? Well, it works! You will have my vote anyway! [biggrin] )

Hey Blue thanks... I'm kinda the opposite from you.... I grew up in the states and moved to Europe. Funny thing is things aren't that different here in Spain except everyone is speaking Spanish and all the girls are walking around in those colorful Spanish dresses and fanning themselves... [biggrin]

Jeg fik sgu også lige en lille tåre i øjet... Rødgrød med fløde. [crying]

"I was just too damn small tear in his eye ... Currant pudding with cream"

Gotta love Google translator....

I second the motion! We are truely fortunate to have such an articulate and knowledgeable global community here with us!

I think Gibson does a fine job of making their non-US guests feel at home' date=' but then, I'm not from "around there". [biggrin

Our International members are one of the few reasons I keep hanging around.

I enjoy an outside perspective on the things they see and hear.

Oh' and those two silly Canadians.[biggrin]

Wait, wait, wait....you mean Canadians aren't Americans? Crap! I didn't realize. I thought Canada was just a county in Minnesota.

Our International members are one of the few reasons I keep hanging around.

I enjoy an outside perspective on the things they see and hear.

Oh' and those two silly Canadians.[cool]

AXE, I think there's more than two silly Canadians.... there's at least five or six silly Canadians, eh?

Bluemoon,

Since you were Belgian for a few years...felicitaties man met deze aangename en open-minded thread!!!

Just jokin', ...I was saying, congrats with this nice approach... and the principal reason why I personally join this forum is the diversity of nations, opinions, musician levels,...

Nice compliments!

Archived