Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your favorite non-Gibson guitar.

rocketman

2886582630100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's my Favorite, and my first electric. 1988 American Standard Stratocaster FSR for Guitar Center, hence the Kahler Spyder Trem. I wanted to take a new pic, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. It needs a set up and new pick ups, but I haven't gotten around to that yet either.

Why would I want that when I have the mdl prior' date=' and its got stickers on it..... stupid wood grain..... lol

[/quote']

I axe myself that SAME question! Why? And you know what I come up with? Cool Factor! That's right; cool factor. The wood-grain is too cool to be in school and all the kids are gonna wanna be ME! And I can take it...the pressure of being cool, y'know. Oh yeah, I'm all about cool. bling_smilie.gif

Well, I don't have a place to forward photos from - so check the avatar.

The neck on this old guild - this is not mine, but a sister - is wonderful. It's kind of an old guy's type of guitar, but those carved acorns and oak leaves are kinda nice. The sound is great - a little more mellow, I think, than the Gibbie SG.

Somehow I feel odd playing it compared to the semis and hollows, dunno why. Probably because I started with a flattop.

I'll change the avatar again soon, but...

m

Very nice thread people! Great instruments have paraded, some new, some vintage, but all exceptional!

However, between all those there is a particular model that with it's unique simplicity, bare-bone nakedness and ''if you can't make me sing, you can't make anything sing''-atitude, really stands out in my eyes:

The ''oh-so-classic'' Fender Telecaster! No wonder it has lasted for so many years and it keeps ending up in the hands of so many great players...

Archived