Gibson Brands Forums

Freaking Cables.

Andre S

There's got to be a better way.

Tripped over my guitar cable.

I wisely stuck it through the strap so if I stepped on it, it wouldn't be pulled out....didn't really think, it would also end up in me tripping when it got around my foot.

But hey, best news of all my Gibby made it through without a scratch!! Landed on me....

I did the same thing a while back, I never sit my LP against the amp but I did once and to my dismay I tripped with the cable, my LP flew in the air, landed headstock first and the bounced against a coffee table. The headstock did not break I guess because of the carpet, I did put a few dents on the edge below the controls.

now wouldn't that come to the same thing as not running the cord through the strap area? Except for the plugging and unplugging which does not bother me.

No - it snaps off sideways- the jack stays in your guitar. Made for quick (and noiseless) stage guitar changes but very safe too. Have not tried them myself, but have thought about it.

No - it snaps off sideways- the jack stays in your guitar. Made for quick (and noiseless) stage guitar changes but very safe too. Have not tried them myself' date=' but have thought about it.

[/quote']

Yea, but what I mean, it serves the same function as if you left the cord dangling, except in one, the jack stays in and in the other it comes out. The noise it makes when it comes out doesn't bother me. Plus ,quick and noiseless stage guitar changes' doesn't affect me, because I have only one electric for the while.

Maybe I should go wireless...what say you?

Were you the one who posted something about Shaller strap locks are "harder" to get off than Dunlops?

If so, then perhaps this proves that perhaps your shouldn't be playing guitar. Try the piano where you can just sit down and don't have to worry about it falling off.

If that wasn't you, the disregard what I just wrote. [crying]

Have a nice day.

Were you the one who posted something about Shaller strap locks are "harder" to get off than Dunlops?

If so' date=' then perhaps this proves that perhaps your shouldn't be playing guitar. Try the piano where you can just sit down and don't have to worry about it falling off.

If that wasn't you, the disregard what I just wrote. [crying

Have a nice day.

Umm, I don't think that was me.

I remember I asked Neo which he thought was better...I don't recall that particular question....

I don't really care which one is on between Dunlop vs Schaller, for me they are both just as good, once they work I couldn't care which is installed.

And when you say harder to get off, do you mean it was difficult to come off? Because thats definitely not me, I got dunlops...

If so' date=' then perhaps this proves that perhaps your shouldn't be playing guitar. Try the piano where you can just sit down and don't have to worry about it falling off.

If that wasn't you, the disregard what I just wrote. [crying

Have a nice day.

or drums

have you tried coil cables? I use bullet cable. its a really long coil cord that i never trip over. the coils are pretty big and if you put it through your strap it does seem to stay out of the way.

http://coreoneproduct.com/shop/CABLES-Coil/c1_4/p28/Coil_Cable_(Strt/Ang_Connectors)/product_info.html

I hate how those look.

Or just be a little more cautious' date=' I have never had a problem with cables before so I am not sure, but those look like a good solution

[/quote']

It gets difficult Fred. I usually turn on the amp then move infront of them amp, about 6-7 feet. I have to go back to the amp to switch channels, because this amp cant support a footswitch. Then I move back. This goes on a few times from dirty to clean and vice versa.

Then do circles at clockwise and counterclockwise' date=' disconnect the cable every night and un tangle. A wireless is a investment but not one I would suggest until you actually start playing out. I have had my concert series III by samson for a few years now and have only used it for a few gigs; most the time I just run cables and pay attention to what my cables are doing.

[/quote']

Hehehe, I'll try but, its complicated to remember to relax and to pay attention to a 20 ft cord...( it was the only one they had in stock), I only just started getting accustomed to playing for largish groups, and it still makes me a tad nervous.

I know what you mean, but here is my thing

You said you have a 20 ft. cable correct? then that would be plenty that would just be on the floor, I don't know how I would trip over it, but like I said before, look down at it. You won't look cool being cautious, but you will look less cool on the floor :-

Your choice bud, I play with a 10 ft. or 20 ft. cable and I do walk out in front of my amp about 5 feet or so when I practice or whatnot. I don't see an issue with it, I have seen many problems with wireless systems, especially with wireless internet or any wireless connections, the signals get crossed and create tons of static. It is all a trade off, I feel that until there are some major advancements in wireless technology that makes it cheaper and more efficient, I will stick with cables, tried and true.

Words of Wisdom by a fellow on the internet

Archived