Gibson Brands Forums

Guess I should introduce myself

Sancho

Hi everyone.

I already made a few posts since I didn't know if you're supposed to introduce yourself here.

Guess it won't hurt though.

I've been playing the guitar for 22 years now. My main love is hardrock and heavy metal (the real thing, not the current nonsense that passes for metal)

I've wanted a Les Paul ever since seeing the sleeve pictures on Thin Lizzy's Live & Dangerous album. Adrian Vandenberg was pretty influential as well.

In 93 I got my first Studio, followed by another one and a Standard in 94.

I stupidly sold my two Studios#-o

Current Gibson line up is three Les Paul Standards : the 93 cherryburst, a 99 black one with Duncan JB and 59 and an 07 Goldtop.

I'm seriously GASing for another Les Paul. Looking at buying either a Custom or a VOS 57 or 58.

I've been in bands off and on since 1990.

Currently I'm in a band called Monster Joe. We play old school hardrock. Think Y&T, Whitesnake, Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy...

The same line-up also does a Thin Lizzy tribute project, where we play the entire Live & Dangerous album.

You can check us out here, should you care to :

Monster Joe

Monster Joe Myspace

Little Lizzy

Hey Sancho, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for introducing yourself!

My band plays '70s Classic Rock covers too and we currently do a Thin Lizzy mini-set of:

The Boys Are Back In Town

Are You Ready?

Rosalie

Don't Believe A Word

Jail Break

Guess I know who to turn to for expert advice, should I need help learning some more!

Great to see you here!

I've played a show or two in Huy and Leige < sp . Hope to see you at Sweeden Rock ...

Or others .

6/6/2008 - sölvesborg, Sweden

6/7/2008 - copenhagen, Denmark

6/10/2008 - prattein, Switzerland

6/11/2008 - ludwigsburg, Germany

6/13/2008 - berlin, Germany

6/14/2008 - essen, Germany

6/16/2008 - dudley, England (Great Britain and Northern Ireland)

6/17/2008 - leeds, England (Great Britain and Northern Ireland)

6/19/2008 - sheffield, England (Great Britain and Northern Ireland)

6/21/2008 - bilboa, Spain

6/22/2008 - zaragoza, Spain

6/24/2008 - paris, France

6/25/2008 - zoetermeer, Netherlands UPDATED

6/27/2008 - dessel, Belgium

My main love is hardrock and heavy metal (the real thing' date=' not the current nonsense that passes for metal)[/quote']

Welcome to the forums man, glad to see im not alone with the disregard for "nu metal" and the whole modern metal scene...

What are your favorite bands?

Welcome to the forums!

Clarify Nu-metal... most of the true modern metal scene (at least the talented) have idols like Iron Maiden, and Faith No More etc...

Mastodon? Between the buried and me? Dillinger Escape plan?

IMO Nu-metal is a genre, defined by a drum beat...

Welcome to the forums man' date=' glad to see im not alone with the disregard for "nu metal" and the whole modern metal scene...

What are your favorite bands?[/quote']

I don't write off the entire modern metal scene, but they're kind of derivative, at best.

Fave hardrock bands are Thin Lizzy, UFO, Whitesnake, Rainbow, MSG...

Fave metalbands, other than the usual suspects (Maiden, Priest, Sabbath...) are Manilla Road, Metal Church, Omen, Crimson Glory... That whole late eighties US metal scene produced loads of great bands.

I'm rather partial to thrash as well, with Slayer, Dark Angel, Exodus and Overkill as my biggest faves.

As far as guitarists go, Michael Schenker, Dave Murray, Jake E Lee, Ted Nugent... Too many to mention!

Welcome to the forum. Its been a great place to hangout, the folks here are always willing to give a helping hand (or a kick in the a@#).

I don't play in a band, but the likes of Scorpions and Def Lepard could be added to the list of great 80s Rock. Was a good era for rock.

Welcome to the group! Is your avatar a cover for Monster Joe?

Very cool.... reminiscent of Van Halen's "Van Halen" album cover...

It's the cover of our debut EP "Meet Monster Joe"

We like to think of it as our tribute to VH1;-)

Archived