Gibson Brands Forums

what do you think of my Strat

GibsonTradPro

I don't normally associate Strats with Metallica but' date=' I have to hand it to you - the tone you got for that song added a whole nother dimension to it. Very cool![/quote']

[crying]

Very Nice, I showed it to my son who is a huge Metallica fan and he said that it was good. High praise from a 16 year old!![biggrin]

Sounds good. I'd like to hear some cleans/low gain from that thing!

Also' date=' it looks absolutely beautiful.[/quote']

Thanks, I'm working on some SRV and we'll see how that goes.

Very Nice' date=' I showed it to my son who is a huge Metallica fan and he said that it was good. High praise from a 16 year old!! [/quote']

Wow! I know my playing wasn't up to snuff on that one, but thanks! Especially coming from a 16 yo thanks!

I don't normally associate Strats with Metallica but' date=' I have to hand it to you - the tone you got for that song added a whole nother dimension to it. Very cool![/quote']

TBH I don't think anyone does, I DIDN'T! But I was messing around, and TADAAAAA! [biggrin]

Thanks! Thru a Marshall MG30FX cause I don't have my halfstack ready yet.

Some guys dump on those solid state MG amps but I bought the MG15 for my buddy's kids for Christmas last year and, of course, I had to try it out. If you like metal tones and clean tones, they sound excellent, IMO. They don't do moderately overdriven tones very well but are great from one extreme to the other.

I enjoyed the tone - couldn't believe my eyes that it was coming from that strat. What I really love is that Les Paul in your sig.... Very nice. Keep it up!

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed it, did you rate it? ? and that LP on my sig is the next guitar I want, if I can find it.

Archived