Gibson Brands Forums

movies or documentaries

Hthomas

A few others: "Shine A Light"(Martin Scorsese's Doc on The Rolling Stones concert, at the Beacon Theater),

"Beatles Anthology," "Concert for George," Clapton's (2..So far) "Crossroads Guitar Festivals," several

Bob Dylan Doc's ("No Direction Home," "The Othe Side of the Mirror," "Don't Look Back"), "The Last Waltz"

(Scorsese's doc, of the final concert of "The Band,"), Eric Clapton's "Session's for Robert J." "Rising Low,"

(Doc, on Bass Players...featuring Gov't Mule, with LOT's of great bass players), "Tom Dowd & The Language

of Music," (Doc, on legendary producer Tom Dowd, with EC, Ginger Baker, Aretha Franklin, and a lot of others)...

Oh...and "Woodstock," of course.

That should get you started, at least. ;>)

CB

I saw a documentary called "Wired For Sound: A Guitar Odyssey"on WNYC (NYC Television Station). It's listed as a program on the Documentary Channel.

It was done "through" Gibson (Henry E. J. got his name in the credits I believe)..

Interviews with guitarists (Including one:-k :) Steve Winwood.. Primarly a keyboard guy and when he played guitar it was usually Fender. I can't remember which acoustic he used for John Barleycorn live 30+ years ago).. Les Paul, Bob Weir, John Entwistle, Chet Atkins....Etc...; Some performances- Les Paul/Mary Ford had a nice 2+ minute cut...

Here's a link for info..

http://www.documentarychannel.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=408

It was worth the "watch"...

My brother bought me a DVD that was a documentary Call the 25 year guitar war between Gibson and Feder, or something like that. I don't have it handy to see the exact title but it's a very good accounting of the progression over the years of the two companies. When I find it I'll post the title. I have seen excerpts from it on YouTube so maybe a search on Youtube or Google will help you find it or others...

Live at Montreux is another good SRV. Not his best performance if you compare it to El Mocambo, but the difference between '82 and '85 is reveling.

"The Strat Pack" - Great show with everyone from David Gilmore, Joe Walsh, and Paul Rodgers to Hank Marvin, Albert Lee, and The Crickets. The Bonus Material is worth the price of the DVD. Imagine Brian May (a fine luthier in his own right) describing how the Guitar works.

My life in music about the Classical guitarist Julian Bream is awesome. He is interviewed through out and vintage clips from the 40's up until recently are showed of his playing. There is a great bit where Bream tries to attract the attentions of grumpy Stravinski and is treated so poorly LOL- as well as clips of Segovia, the legendary 20th century founder of modern day technique!! Not to mention some rare clips of Django Reinhardt in action and a rare jam with Bream and Ravishanker

http://www.musiconearth.co.uk/bream/index.htm

Archived