Gibson Brands Forums

Go Tiger!

deepblue

Do you even read the posts? If you crashed on a public street we'd now what

happen right away because you would have been taken in for questioning. He's

not saying a word. Pisses me of when celebs. get away with thing that us regular

people wouldn't.

CW

Calm down man' date=' no need to get angry. [confused

Did you even read the posts? It was no big deal what he did. He got in a car accident. A $200 fine. No one was hurt. Get on with your life man, and let him get on with his.

If, as is being reported elsewhere, his wife was wailing on him (causing the injuries) and the crash was a result of him trying to get away for her, there is at least one crime to investigate.

It's all speculation at this point.

Other than that, I agree that the controversy has been blown way up.

Sounds to me like they have some problems, and the world is pissed because it wasn't on COPS.

There is indeed a Celebrity Double Standard.

If Mrs. Neo was wailing on me with ANY sort of athletic equipment, that would be a domestic assault.

Doesn't matter it's in a private home in a gated community - it's now regarded as Domestic Violence.

If I got into my Suburban and was rolling over fire hydrants and trees on somebody's property other than mine, I would have been questioned by police and arrested for leaving the scene if I refused.

I can cite a list of possible charges any of us might have faced had we gone to the hospital and then interfered with judicial process by ducking out and hiding at home.

He fxcked up and he'll suffer only the sting of public ridicule.

Any of us would still be in jail - wife too.

And for a little bonus;

What if that was his wife running over obstacles on the grass - after HE was rumored to have beaten HER?

His *** would be locked up.

More double standards to ponder, and that's just scratching the surface.

I really don't care, but if I did what he did I would lose my security clearance and my job.

Day in court my ***, I'd be barred from the site immediately, so I can't say I can just ignore it.

Do you even read the posts? If you crashed on a public street we'd now what

happen right away because you would have been taken in for questioning. He's

not saying a word. Pisses me of when celebs. get away with thing that us regular

people wouldn't.

CW

With respect: It's not normal procedure to detain auto crash victims unless a crime was committed in the presence of or reported to the LEOs. People have "accidents" all the time without committing crimes. I wonder if you aren't jumping to conclusions. Not that I'm a Tiger fan but he IS a US citizen...entitled to the presumption of innocence unless proven guilty of a crime.

With respect: It's not normal procedure to detain auto crash victims unless a crime was committed in the presence of or reported to the LEOs. People have "accidents" all the time without committing crimes. I wonder if you aren't jumping to conclusions. Not that I'm a Tiger fan but he IS a US citizen...entitled to the presumption of innocence unless proven guilty of a crime.

If his old lady is wailing on him with a golf club, he deserves protection.

If.

There is indeed a Celebrity Double Standard.

If Mrs. Neo was wailing on me with ANY sort of athletic equipment' date=' that would be a domestic assault.

Doesn't matter it's in a private home in a gated community - it's now regarded as Domestic Violence.

If I got into my Suburban and was rolling over fire hydrants and trees on [b']somebody's property other than mine[/b], I would have been questioned by police and arrested for leaving the scene if I refused.

I can cite a list of possible charges any of us might have faced had we gone to the hospital and then interfered with judicial process by ducking out and hiding at home.

He fxcked up and he'll suffer only the sting of public ridicule.

Any of us would still be in jail - wife too.

And for a little bonus;

What if that was his wife running over obstacles on the grass - after HE was rumored to have beaten HER?

His *** would be locked up.

More double standards to ponder, and that's just scratching the surface.

I really don't care, but if I did what he did I would lose my security clearance and my job.

Day in court my ***, I'd be barred from the site immediately, so I can't say I can just ignore it.

Well said!

Since when can you duck out of the hospital to get out of answering questions

and hiding out at home. Could you or I get away with this. I think not and if

you or I tried to hide out at home you no how that would go over. The point

he's being treated differently then the rest of us. If thats ok with you that celebs

are treated differently from me and you so be it. I for one take offense.

CW

Since when can you duck out of the hospital to get out of answering questions

and hiding out at home. Could you or I get away with this. I think not and if

you or I tried to hide out at home you no how that would go over. The point

he's being treated differently then the rest of us. If thats ok with you that celebs

are treated differently from me and you so be it. I for one take offense.

CW

You do seem excited about it. I suppose, were I to get my back up about any part of it, it would be the predictable gullibility of the consumers of what we call "news" in America. That and the automatic assumption of guilt because it's someone you(generic "you") don't like.

I choose to not be offended by something that I know next to nothing about.

This is a very racist topic.

[confused][bored]:-({|=

Statements like that have no place here. [-(

Number One - You're wrong. I see no race-baiting here until your contribution.

Number Two - He's held to a higher standard for his wealth and status, right or wrong.

Think before you type, please?

Even without knowing much about the facts, it looks like Tiger has made the mistake of listening to his lawyers without consulting his publicity people. It seems like many of these celebrities who screw up do the same thing. They do what their lawyer says despite the fact that there is probably no potential criminal liability.

Archived