Gibson Brands Forums

Just don't understand

djroge1

There seems to be a rash of "locked" threads and as far as I can tell they are not for reasons listed in the rules of the forum.

1. Darwin is a *****

2. Apology to DAS

3. Jonas Brothers

There is also a missing thread about someone crying they were leaving ~ those are usually entertaining.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot more locking and moderating of threads around here than ever in the past and I just don't understand why?

There seems to be a rash of "locked" threads and as far as I can tell they are not for reasons listed in the rules of the forum.

1. Darwin is a *****

2. Apology to DAS

3. Jonas Brothers

There is also a missing thread about someone crying they were leaving ~ those are usually entertaining.

Anyway' date=' there seems to be a lot more locking and moderating of threads around here than ever in the past and I just don't understand why?[/quote']

also another thread "am i the only person who dosen't like les pauls"...whatever happend to freedom of speech? :-({|=

Wow newbies are allowed to post a poll about being an Axe Fan but a seasoned member cannot post a poll about bucket head?

I think we have a new record of threads locked and/or deleted in a 24 hour period.

I don't get it at all. Well ok I really do get it... it's a rehtorical statement

Wow newbies are allowed to post a poll about being an Axe Fan but a seasoned member cannot post a poll about bucket head?

I think we have a new record of threads locked and/or deleted in a 24 hour period.

I don't get it at all. Well ok I really do get it... it's a rehtorical statement

They're simply applying the rules just like the officials in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR or a BCS football game!

They're simply applying the rules just like the officials in the NBA' date=' NFL, MLB, NASCAR or a BCS football game![/quote']

Except there have been deleted or locked post when the rules have not be broken ~ big difference.

I get it. My last thread was locked. My Jocko thread was locked.

I'm pretty much locked out.

Congrats to Surfpup.

Member Of The Month.

It's a shame nobody will see it.......

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

1. Darwin is a *****

2. Apology to DAS

3. Jonas Brothers

Anyway' date=' there seems to be a lot more locking and moderating of threads around here than ever in the past and I just don't understand why?[/quote']

If you look closely, those threads were about to explode... mods are being proactive and taking care of them before that happens... 'cause if that happens then they'll have no choice but to ban some members.

I've seen at least 4 threads started by the same guy whining about basically the same stuff ("johnas brothers suck" guy).

There are different kinds of people, some of them start a thread to gather information and get to know what the rest of us think... some of them start them to piss people off, some of them just want everyone to talk about what just crossed their mind.

With #1 and 2 you can just ignore them and they will get the message.

If you ignore #3 he will post the same over and over again til everyone is fighting over some irrelevant detail.

+1 to the mods not allowing lines to be crossed.

Archived