Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LynyrdSkynyrd-14

61 or Standard

[quote name='Aaresz]I've got a '61' date=' just fell in love with the 57 classic pups and historic look![/quote']

Me too!

[quote name='Aaresz]I've got a '61' date=' just fell in love with the 57 classic pups and historic look![/quote']
Yes to all of the above, plus a Maestro on my 61.
LOVE IT!!!

I love the look of the '61 and I fell in love when I saw them in sapphire blue. The '57s sound incredible.

But I have a Standard which I love that has a '57 and I love it very much. Great guitar. :-)

has to be the 61, i used to be the owner of two standards but both didnt satisfy me well so i swapped with the 61 RI, my goodness its way better than the standard, the tone is amazing! but it all comes back to you

I voted for the '61. Between the two, I'd take the '61 every time. And 4 out 5 denitists surveyed said the same thing.... O:)

Colin, be sure to let us know which one YOU decided on. They're both great guitars so it's a win-win situation for you no matter what you choose! Have fun with making your decision....