Gibson Brands Forums

Flight 959 jamming-Audio clip

Duende

Sadly the Gibson forum get together had to postponed recently. Illness' and several people being unable to make the time, meant that we thought it best to do it in style, rather than do so half heartedly...

Anyway Simon (Flight 959) came over to my place and we had a great afternoon talking guitars and jamming. I am sure Simon wont mind me writing this; but he lacks a lot of confidence in his playing which I think you will agree that he shouldn't do.

Simon has been playing properly only five years and has never played live and balances practising around working for the police and also busy family life; so not a lot of time either!

This is him, just 'off the cuff' and I think listening back, he was surprised himself how good it sounded! Lets show this guy some support! I think there is an excellent guitarist in him that with a bit more confidence and practice can come out fully!

Cheers to you Simon; a great guy and I think the music is in him[cool] Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8VGZA0LHY4[/YOUTUBE]

Gear used

Simon- playing a Gibson R9 though a Peavey JSX (Satriani all valve head) and Marshall 1960 A cab

Matt- playing unplugged on a Ibanez EP9 Steve Vai Signature ('shudders' as it was made in the evil empire China..it just about lasted out for the jam then blew up shortly after LOL)

Recorded through an AKG Condensor mic on Logic on an Apple Mac

Good on you guys.

I know Flight's been busy as we've been meaning to have a beer or two lately and haven't managed!

I've never yet managed to jam with you, Matt; perhaps if you all have a day off you could come 'round my way and we could make it a menage a trois!?

Keep up the good work!

Hi Pip

Would love to!

If you are free too, on the 26th we are holding our famous boxing day blues jam at our local club. Runs from 12 pm to about 6 pm and on Sunday the 27th is Guitar society and it is a xmas special with loads of cheap booze and open mic all night!!

Matt

Hi Pip

Would love to!

You mean Roger hasn't given you any caveats about my playing?!

If you are free too' date=' on the 26th we are holding our famous boxing day blues jam at our local club. Runs from 12 pm to about 6 pm and on Sunday the 27th is Guitar society and it is a xmas special with loads of cheap booze and open mic all night!!

Matt [/quote']

You Buggers!

I'll be in France visiting the in-laws over the yuletide (Note to everyone reading this; I'm putting the guitars in a secret place so don't even think about becoming a burglar for the season).

At least it gives me a few more weeks in which to practice before we all finally meet again!

Pip Pip!

Thanks Matt' date='

I dont even think I can bring myself to listen to it...

Regards[/quote']

Sounds good Flight! I prefer listening to others than myself too.[crying] Have you ever tried recording yourself playing rhythm and then doing your leads over your own backing tracks? I used to do it when I had the recording gear and I found it very helpful and fun. Keep it up, you rock brother!

Sounds good Flight! I prefer listening to others than myself too.[biggrin] Have you ever tried recording yourself playing rhythm and then doing your leads over your own backing tracks? I used to do it when I had the recording gear and I found it very helpful and fun. Keep it up' date=' you rock brother!

[/quote']

KSG I loved jamming with Simon!. I noticed early how much intensity he gave his vibratos. I thought simply "WOW!".

I waved him off and thought "hmm let me try that!" LOL

Matt

Archived