Gibson Brands Forums

"Scene Metal" WTF????!!!???

MojoRedFoot

dem00n, this might be something you know more about since you're in high school and into metal. I'm sure you hate it, rightfully so. When I was in high school, Nu-Metal came out so I don't know what the f**k is happening anymore.

I was in the Fender Forum and somebody mentioned something called "Scene Metal." Can someone please explain this to me? They posted a video by a band called Attack Attack. I made it through 40 seconds cuz the guy said it was "so awful you smile." It seems like the kind of music emo kids would listen to to make themselves feel tough. Seriously, WTF is going on?

dem00n, if you hate Nu-metal so much, this stuff is going to make you want to punch yourself in the groin and bite forks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if they would have kept going on the growl intro, WITHOUT the pretentious poses, it might have been cool. Then the guy had to bust out the emo-ness *vomits

They're just blending what sells with an OLD sound to make something "new", or is it nu?

With their matching t-shirts and haircuts and synchronized headbanger moves, they look like The Emo Rockettes.

No idea why anyone would give them their own subgenre of metal. Mix equal parts of some AX7 wannabe singer with shitty vocoder techno and equally shitty cut-and-paste AX7 style songwriting, and that's what those guys sound like. Basically, a shittier version of AX7 but without the good guitar leads.

Listened to it again...

Still no.

I'm a guy who really likes heavy metal too. Slayer, Pantera, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Megadeth, Anthrax, Ratt, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Stormtroopers of Death, Celtic Frost... hell, even Poison! But that song sucks and it still sounds like a lousy version of AX7 who, while they can play their asses off, aren't the best band to copy when it comes to songwriting.

Beats the hell out of hauling around two bass drums.

True but if you technical with it' date=' it really makes things worse.

Trust me ive had around 10 drummers explain it to me why it is bad for your drums and sound.

Here ill quote Dave from slayer. "[i']when you hit the bass drum the head is still resonating. When you hit it in the same place right after that you kinda get a 'slapback' from the bass drum head hitting the other pedal. You're not letting them breathe." [/i]

Archived