Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall

swleary

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't mind my asking' date=' but what specifically attracts you to the Class 5? Wattage, size, potability, price, name. I know it's not the sound, since you have not played one and were not impressed with YouTube demos. The reason I ask is because you should not buy an amp for the wrong reason. Just because it says Marshall on the front, doesn't mean you will be happy. I have not played the Class 5, but have not been impressed with the demos either. I have played the Haze, and am going with the Axe assessment, it's just ok. I have two amps; a JVM 410c 2x12 and a Laney VC15 1x10. The JVM is a pure rocking machine that does not need any explanation to its abilities. Now the Laney is perfect for bedroom practice and portability. I carry this little gem with me when I go on the road and play it in my hotel room. Small footprint, lightweight and the 15 watts sounds great. I sold off a JCM 2000 DSL 401 in favor of the Laney.

The Vintage Modern is a phenomenal amp, it was a toss up between it and the JVM for me. Have fun today Axe!!!

Hope this helps.[/quote']

I saw the youtube demos and I was intrigued, I wasn't impressed but I decided to play one in the store and instantly fell in love. I have played Marshalls before and I never cared for them that much, but this Class5 set me over the edge. The tonality and the touch controls were phenomenal

They sounded GREAT. I still miss my JVM 410h And 900 SL-X.

The Vintage Modern (to me) is a really good all around amp. From clean to kill. [thumbup]

The JVM 210c and 210h (with cab) are damn snappy also.

And I did have some fun Bursty.

It's nice to know the financial drought is almost over and I'll be back in the saddle again soon.

w00t!!! w00t!!!

It was a draw. I can get what I need out of either one.

I am leaning toward the V/M just because of the price difference.

I don't need 100 watts anymore. For anything really.

If it's a big enough room for a 100 watter it's big enough to mic through a PA.

Archived