Gibson Brands Forums

AC/DC may cancel in Austria due to birds

NeoConMan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok dude, whatever. First off, read this excerpt from the original post:

Hans Uhl of BirdLife said birds nesting in the area at the time would be threatened by anthems

such as Highway To Hell and You Shook Me All Night Long.

BirdLife sounds like an organization of some sort to me.

Secondly, I hardly consider myself a lazy 15 year old. I am a straight A student, I have made all A's for every school year in my life, I am in the National Beta Club, I have the 4th Highest GPA in a 5 A high school, I'm in National Honor Society, I am in the Science Olympiad team, and I am in 10th Grade taking college leveled classes. If you call that lazy, you truly are stupid. My job in life is not to save the environment, I am alive to make a productive and prosperous life for myself. Also, I used global warming as an example to my beliefs, I am aware that they have nothing to do with birds, but it goes with the environment and conserving. As I said, I do not waste much, but I don't try to conserve. It is never going to catch on because of "lazy" people like me who make the world go round.

Maybe you should know who you are really talking to before you call me lazy. That's great that you try to save the earth. I wish I could be motivated to do so too, but one person isn't going to make a difference.

So think about this: I'm not going to call you lazy or judge you based upon my opinion of you, but I am not lazy. I am a motivated person that knows what I plan on doing in life and it does not include saving the birds.

I agree that I did say some things that don't make sense, and I accept that. I'm willing to drop this, but maybe show a little respect for people and quit talking to me like a child and calling me lazy, especially when you are the same age as me!

Let the earth heat up' date=' it's a natural cycle. [/quote']

This is illogical. I try to avoid these types of topics (because they always end badly) but this is just crap...

Ice ages are part of the natural cycle. Do you want one? Hurricanes are part of the natural cycle. Do you want your home destroyed? Tornadoes are part of the natural cycle too. Do you want to experience one firsthand? If we could stop or manage these storms, would say "No stop.. these storms are natural"? Would you say "No, it's too expensive. Let those people die. It's part of the natural cycle." Death and disease are part of the natural cycle too. Should we stop saving people's lives because death and disease are part of the natural cycle?

Natural cycle my ***. We've been modifying the "natural cycle" when it suits us for centuries. Notice, I'm not trying to convince you of anything regarding the climate. I am saying think about things before you spew crap logic.

lol where do you get those smileys?

I'd tell you...but then I'd have to kill you.

But when someone ELSE uses smilies you like' date=' just right-click the smiley and open it in a new window, and look at the URL. You didn't hear that from me. :-$

See...it's just like people say; today's kids want everything handed to 'em. Why...when I was YOUR age, I was 16! [img']http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/soapbox_smilie.gif[/img]

Ok dude' date=' whatever. First off, read this excerpt from the original post:

[/quote']

Oh boy! You know it's gotta be good when it starts off with "Ok dude, whatever."

BirdLife sounds like an organization of some sort to me.

Is that really your point? Yes' date=' it is an organization. But I don't support them. I don't know their viewpoints, or anything they're doing aside from this one bird incident. I admit that they have a point that the birds might be harmed.

Secondly, I hardly consider myself a lazy 15 year old. I am a straight A student, I have made all A's for every school year in my life, I am in the National Beta Club, I have the 4th Highest GPA in a 5 A high school, I'm in National Honor Society, I am in the Science Olympiad team, and I am in 10th Grade taking college leveled classes. If you call that lazy, you truly are stupid. My job in life is not to save the environment, I am alive to make a productive and prosperous life for myself. Also, I used global warming as an example to my beliefs, I am aware that they have nothing to do with birds, but it goes with the environment and conserving. As I said, I do not waste much, but I don't try to conserve. It is never going to catch on because of "lazy" people like me who make the world go round.

Are you done patting yourself on the back? Probably not. Anyway, again you've proven who you really are. In your post you openly admitted that you believe you are only living in this world to help yourself. Not only lazy, but selfish?

Life isn't about the accomplishments, it's about the kind of person you are.

You talk about your beliefs. Taken straight from your first post, this is what you've let on about your beliefs.

"I recycle and don't deliberatley waste water and stuff, but I'm not going out of my way to conserve because I don't give two sh!ts about it."

You're not lazy, you just don't give a sh!t.

Maybe you should know who you are really talking to before you call me lazy. That's great that you try to save the earth. I wish I could be motivated to do so too' date=' but one person isn't going to make a difference.

So think about this: I'm not going to call you lazy or judge you based upon my opinion of you, but I am not lazy. I am a motivated person that knows what I plan on doing in life and it does not include saving the birds.

I agree that I did say some things that don't make sense, and I accept that. I'm willing to drop this, but maybe show a little respect for people and quit talking to me like a child and calling me lazy, especially when you are the same age as me![/quote']

By all means, share more about yourself.

You sure are opposed to this lazy word. I said that word one time in my previous post to you, and you're jumping all over it. Relax.

You talk about respect? Was I treated with respect? Your second sentence was written to tell me how much more efficient (???) you are. Your next was "Who gives a sh!t about those stupid birds.". Don't tell me to treat you with respect.

Unless you really want more, I'm ready to drop this too.

To Surfpup:

I never said I enjoy seeing the process global warming, but it is a natural cycle and there isn't much we could do about it if we wanted to. We can slow it down, but either way it's going to happen. If we could stop tornadoes, go for it, but then something else will come up. For example, look at all of these medicines on the market these days--I don't think that people should use them except for as a last resort. When I get a headache, I take a nap or drink a glass of water. Nature isn't something that we can try to control, because it adapts and overpowers what we do. A perfect example is the H1N1. We conquered the flu, and now look what came about! If people could stop a tornado from killing a family, that's great, but there's no way of knowing what will happen because of it. Humans basically try to recreate acts of God and nature and I don't believe in that. People try to make a mini big-bang in the particle accelerator. People genetically engineer animals. That's just not how things should be in my books.

Nature isn't something that we can try to control

Baloney! We've been doing it since we invented the wheel! Have you ever flown? Do you have wings? If you have never flown in a plane (I don't know your age - perhaps you have not) are you never going to? Don't give me that "playing God" crap then. God didn't give us wings - innovation did.

Sounds to me like you are for some forms of progress and innovation (those that are convenient to you perhaps) and against others. Natural and yet not so natural. :-$

I'm not priding myself, I'm letting you understand that I am far from being lazy. I don't care if people know about my academics, because they won't mean much in a few years. That is the only way that I can explain to you that I'm not lazy. I don't see how that makes me selfish, it means I have high expectations of myself and I don't always have a lot of time to give back. I work every Saturday I can at Habitat for Humanity, not because I like to, but because I should. I'm more concerned about people than I am little animals. However, I truly am sorry if I came off arrogant to you, because that's not what I'm about. And, no, I don't want more trouble, and yes, I'm ready to drop this.

Well wheels and airplanes aren't controlling nature, they are making transportation easier. And I don't think he did either, I used "acts of God" as a figure of speech. Trust me, I haven't been in a church for years. I don't believe in trying to alter the earth's natural processes, that's all.

One 15 year old calling another 15 year old 'kid' .....

[mellow]/

Some day NeoConMan and Corrosion of Conformity are going to be great friends.

Uh.....

I dunno.

Mentor maybe.

I have children older than 15, who have a little better understanding of how this stuff works.

It's because their bullsh!t detectors have been calibrated from an early age.

:-k

How long can we drag this out..........let start a new argument thread...........how bout .....is it in our national security interest to be killing whales

with high powered sonar that is said to be necesary to detect enemy nuclear submarines off our coasts.........

Oooohhh!!!!

That's a GOOD one!!!

[smile]/

My vote goes for security and defense.

Any whale who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time will just have to cope.

Maybe they could flee to Japanese waters where they are still slaughtered en masse...

I dont see why the postponement of a rock concert to save some endangered birds should cause people to get excited. Plenty of concerts have been postponed due to lots of other reasons, including weather, illness and legal battles between promoters and lawyers, and no-one questions it. This one is natural causes. Just get over it.

CoC and Neo

I enjoyed the discussion. Glad it didn't get ugly. CoC, you are a smart and articulate kid. I can't tell you how impressed I am with how well you presented your opinion and handled yourself in this discussion. You will go far...

You both, however, have missed the main point...how does Angus still manage to run around the stage with such energy after so many years? He's a freak of nature.

The only reason I could see that might have some merit to change the venue or postpone the concert is if those birds nest on the ground. 80' date='000 people are going to go tromping through there and destroy the nests and eggs it that's the case. If the birds are endangered I wouldn't want that to happen. I don't know if that is the case though because I have no idea where these birds build their nests. [/quote']

Dave, you are a wise man.

CoC and Neo

I enjoyed the discussion. Glad it didn't get ugly. CoC' date=' you are a smart kid.

You both, though, have missed the main point...how does Angus still manage to run around the stage with such energy after so many years? He's a freak of nature.[/quote']

Because he loves it.

CW

Archived