Gibson Brands Forums

I am dying

Bluemoon

I am waiting for my new Standard--heritage sunburst--to arrive. The store said it would be coming in within a week or two. That was three weeks ago! I am dying. I got to bed at night dreaming of the guitar. I go to the Gibson site every night to look at the picture of the heritage sunburst. I am obsessed. My wife thinks I am crazy. I not sure I can wait any longer. Can someone post a few pictures of a Standard--heritage sunburst--so I can see what I am missing.

Dealers just don't tell you it's gonna take that long up front so they won't lose the order.

My friend knows a guy' date=' who knows a guy, that ordered his in 1988 and he still hasn't gotten it. :^o [/quote']

Dealer's lie? Say it ain't so!

Dealers just don't tell you it's gonna take that long up front so they won't lose the order.

My friend knows a guy' date=' who knows a guy, that ordered his in 1988 and he still hasn't gotten it. :^o [/quote']

Any day now!:-k

You know, I have a cure for that. Just take your actual guitar, and play the heck out of it. When you think of the les paul to come, just play and play and play. Firstly, it will take away some of the guitar envy, because you will be playing and thinking about guitars ( wich is what you are doing looking at pictures ), and secondly, it's good practice, so you will be better when it gets to you. Plus, practicing goes by faster than looking at pics.

You know' date=' I have a cure for that. Just take your actual guitar, and play the heck out of it.[/quote']

One slight problem. I sold my accoustic so I could buy the Gibson. Not smart--because now I have nothing. All I have left is shoebox of picks, guitar polish, a well-worn strap and one slightly used capo.

Bluemoon' date=' just go nuts on the old air-guitar...don't hold back either! Give'er[/quote']

I feel like a perve--all I do is stare at pictures of LPs all day while making unusual thrusting movements with my hands in an attempt to play air guitar. I am afraid I might get arrested.

I feel like a perve--all I do is stare at pictures of LPs all day while making unusual thrusting movements with my hands in an attempt to play air guitar. I am afraid I might get arrested.

Just stay up on the first five frets, and avoid finger picking and you should be ok. For gosh sakes be careful of your facial expressions!

hey a gibson Les Paul Standard--heritage sunburst just arrived at my door... i think they made a mistake and sent me your guitar... mind if i keep her for a week or two?

Sure, as long as you don't soil her. I trust you.

Just stay up on the first five frets' date=' and avoid finger picking and you should be ok. For gosh sakes be carefulof your facial expressions![/quote']

LMFAO! If you have seen my video's you'll notice they are from my shoulders down lol.

I know how you feel dude I am so impatient I don't think I could wait even 1 week.

Bluemoon, I feel your pain. I got my first Les Paul last week. I bought it off ebay and had to wait for 8 days, and you are describing exactly what I went through. I looked at the photos of it everyday and went to bed every night thinking of nothing else. I found that working hard on my recording project everyday helped it go by though. When I wasn't doing that I kept myself busy doing random jobs like gardening. And when it finally arrived I felt really good that I'd had a really productive week and took a couple of days out to spend some quality bonding with my new baby!

< : )

Nice. I am jealous. Where did you get her from?

While I was in Nashville I get it from the Gibson Showcase. That had Gibsons of course and Epiphones and they have Marshall Amps there for sale. It was great plugging the guitar through a Marshall when testing them out.

Archived