Gibson Brands Forums

just started reading Glen Beck's common sense......

Read your last post. You said you want to see Glenn Beck "eat broken glass and die.". If you have a burning hatred for stupid' date=' I have a burning hatred for violence. Were you hoping to gain respect out of that post? You talk about stupidity, I'm a teenager and I don't think I've ever called someone a "sh*t stain".

I don't know you very well, but any respect I might have had for you is gone.[/quote']

no, i wasn't looking for respect, i was expressing my thoughts on the subject. somehow , i will survive your disdain. BTW, the last time COC did a show in tampa , a guy got murdered at the show, in the venue. stabbed to death during the band's set. COC were kind enough to end the show at that time. nice musical influences there sport. as a concert promoter for the last 30 years, i remember the shows i did with that band as being some of the most violent i ever encountered. you get older and you get to call it as you see it. you'll find out.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never said I support Obama, or any Democrats. I don't support any Republicans either. That is an interesting photo. Unfortunatley there's no such thing as honest leadership in this world, no matter who the leader is.

About Beck and Limbaugh, it's not just their political views I disagree with, it's the kind of person they are. Limbaugh reminds me of jannus. He insults and attacks people to no end, and he's just an all-around ***. Beck's more polite, but I've already explained my dislike for him.

no' date=' i wasn't looking for respect, i was expressing my thoughts on the subject. somehow , i will survive your disdain. BTW, the last time COC did a show in tampa , a guy got murdered at the show, in the venue. stabbed to death during the band's set. COC were kind enough to end the show at that time. nice musical influences there sport. as a concert promoter for the last 30 years, i remember the shows i did with that band as being some of the most violent i ever encountered. you get older and you get to call it as you see it. you'll find out.

[/quote']

So that's the kind of guy you are. I see.

Yes, I listen to violent music. I don't support violence. If you're going to call me a hypocrite, you're going to have to dig a lot deeper than my taste in music. I have never fought someone with the intent to cause harm to them, and I will never hold a weapon against anyone. I don't think I have to explain myself any further than that.

Goodnight everyone.

He insults and attacks people to no end' date=' and he's just an all-around ***. [/quote']

But is he wrong?

There comes a point that manners count for nothing.

Those who don't have them rely on those of us who do to continue giving them a wide berth from courtesy.

Those who have a problem with the message but absolutely no rebuttal against the content will immediately

go for the jugular in any other fashion they can - even worrying about something as precious as manners.

If he's wrong, then point out to him the error of his message.

Good luck with that....

B)

i'm not joking.. not in the least. and i'm not ashamed of myself. see your own reasons for taking him to task. i have a burning hatred for stupid. imagine where we as a species might be' date=' if we didn't have to indulge stupid. but no, somewhere it's written that stupid gets an equal say in how we sally forth in this world. it will be the end of us. and people who sell stupid for profit are criminals. it's g*ddamn shame there are so many customers.

[/quote']

Yeah as a species we might even start to capitalize the first letter of every sentence.

But is he wrong?

There comes a point that manners count for nothing.

Those who don't have them rely on those of us who do to continue giving them a wide berth from courtesy.

Those who have a problem with the message but absolutely no rebuttal against the content will immediately

go for the jugular in any other fashion they can - even worrying about something as precious as manners.

If he's wrong' date=' then point out to him the error of his message.

Good luck with that....

[cool

Amen brother.

They can't explain it but the common word is always HATE.

I was never a fan of Bill Clinton's but in the 8 years he was in office I never used the word hate.

I think Nancy Pelosi is pretty incompetent but I don't hate her. I'm amazed she was even elected.

When did a disagreement become HATE.

i suppose this is why gibson prefers that we not discuss these sorts of things. believe as you wish as will i. none of us can change anything beyond what we do in our daily lives and certainly not each others minds. i wasn't calling anyone here out for their beliefs, i was only expressing mine. i'll admit the tone was vitriolic, even angry but when i think of the subject of this thread and his ilk, that's what your going to get from me. i meant no personal insult to anyone participating in this thread. and as for my IQ and propensity to not use caps, i worship e.e. cummings. have a lovely saturday. i'm hoping my new tele finally arrives today.

i suppose this is why gibson prefers that we not discuss these sorts of things.

Got that right mate.[wink]

But then again' date='we pay good hard money for their/our instruments...so why shouldn't we bicker like faceless data fed fools - who in the real world would be taken outside to sort it out like the knuckleheads we truly are?:-$:-k[lol

and as for my IQ and propensity to not use caps' date=' i worship e.e. cummings. have a lovely saturday. i'm hoping my new tele finally arrives today.[/quote']

Never commented on your IQ or your propensity. Just your generalization of anyone that thinks different from you and the need to name call.

when glenn beck eats broken glass and dies' date=' i'll pay attention to his screams of pain. otherwise, i'm not interested in anything coming out of his filthy pie hole. i hope pat robertson and rush (don't contribute to aid for haiti cuz it's an obama plot) limpdick, join him for the meal. ******* worthless scum. if i was in charge, these sh*t stains would be in jail for treason.

thanks for bringing this up! feels like the old days![/quote']

If you hate stupid, you must have a hell of a problem with your own self esteem. Man that opening line was the most stupid statement I've ever read on this forum.

Like I've always said, listen to people and you can learn alot. Jannus I'm sorry you have al this hatred in your heart, I'll pray for you pal.

last night it was more vodka in my bloodstream than hatred in my heart. while i really do have a problem with guys like beck, et al, i don't let it eat away at me because i know i can't do anything about it. except ignore them. i guess last night it was my turn to be the malicious blowhard. i think i was channeling bill o'reilly!

last night it was more vodka in my bloodstream than hatred in my heart. while i really do have a problem with guys like beck' date=' et al, i don't let it eat away at me because i know i can't do anything about it. except ignore them. i guess last night it was my turn to be the malicious blowhard. i think i was channeling bill o'reilly! [/quote']

Funny, I thought you were sounding more like Frank Rich. [blink]

The tally in this thread will be an easy count.

The categories are;

People in this nation who GET IT (Glenn Beck viewers)' date=' and understand how far we've skidded and slid.

[b']2.[/b]

People who have heard of Glenn Beck but never watched an entire hour of his show.

People who know everything they need to know about him from Liberal news and TV comedy shows.

People who get pissed off that he has a voice - and it does NOT speak for their values and convictions.

People who want him off the air because they think he's a trouble maker.

Everybody choose one....

:D/

Im in the 1st category... i love Glenn Beck.... and also he's probably one of the most entertaining news hosts.... [blink]

just sayin.... :-

The tally in this thread will be an easy count.

The categories are;

People in this nation who GET IT (Glenn Beck viewers)' date=' and understand how far we've skidded and slid.

[b']2.[/b]

People who have heard of Glenn Beck but never watched an entire hour of his show.

People who know everything they need to know about him from Liberal news and TV comedy shows.

People who get pissed off that he has a voice - and it does NOT speak for their values and convictions.

People who want him off the air because they think he's a trouble maker.

Everybody choose one....

[blink]/

Have watched his show several times to get a feel for him and an educated opinion. Feel he needs to go back on his meds or at least get them re evaluated.

I prefer listening to sean hannity, but reading someone ranting can be pretty interesting, especially because (paraphrased from the book) we just sit back with the blinders on complaining about how things are running, but do nothing to stop it...............

I suppose I should wait until I am done with the book to offer an honest assessment of it, but Im sure some of the more right winged minds here have already read it!

RE: disagreement turning to hatred.

I can't tell you how much I've seen of this, and frankly how much I've seen this increasing in overall "politics." It would be nice to point at the two US political parties, but frankly I can see as much of it in local "nonpartisan" politics even in smaller communities where it's mostly hidden even from neighbors.

Or... perhaps as I age, I just am privileged/damned to see it better than when I was younger.

I dunno. I've read a number of U.S. 1860s Civil War diaries of combatants without reading hatred among guys who were living horrid lives in the military of the day without antibiotics or often food rations or much of anything else even without battle; and the battles were horrific. Something akin to "hatred" arises at points in war, but to me it's different from what we're talking about and from a somewhat different dynamic.

I do think that in Washington, some of it dates back to the early 1990s "Republican Revolution" that sent Democrats out of prime Congressional building office spaces after some 50 years, and deeply resented it, and the Republicans of that era showed personal arrogance as they moved their files into the nicer spaces.

In both cases it was individuals acting like children, though, rather than professionals. We're still feeling it.

I think it's cyclical within "communities," whether its "political figures" at the national level or at the "small town city council" level. Things tend to get nasty, then react to become polite, then the courtesies again slowly decay.

The sad thing is the hatred.

To the subject of the thread... I don't watch Beck. My work schedule inclines me to watch a quick shot of morning weather and news, then at night I'm either working, on the computer, guitar or watching "entertainment."

Beck hits a lot of good points but I don't care enough for the style to find the relaxation I want of a late evening. I think I might be more entertained by it were I 20-30 years younger.

m

Archived