Gibson Brands Forums

dont touch

Gibson CS

i will never buy anything from GC that costs more than 20 dollars.

Worst store. Ever. Period.

How dare you?

Do you have any idea how many Guitar Center customers you just offended?

<smiles>

You speak the truth.

And all the brainwashed GC people are gonna come out of the woodwork to slam you.

All I have to say is, if you think GC is the best store around, I truly feel sorry for you.

Someday you will go into a real guitar shop, and see what it SHOULD be like.

There are four GC's in Phoenix, they still can't touch Bizarre Guitar. Even Milano's in Mesa is much nicer.

The newest GC opened on the west side of Phoenix, and you'd be hard pressed to find an American made guitar in the place.

Wall to wall cheap sh!t.

Here's a link to a video that says it all for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-0s3V4xAsA

I bought my '76 LP Custom from Guitar Center. Someone traded it in and they gave them $900 on trade. They mismarked the price on the tag as the same price they took it in on trade for. They honored their mistake and I went home a happy camper. So GC is not always a bad experience.....

I won't even pickup a Guitar unless I'm intrested in a purchase...First I inspect the Hell out of it...then I ask what they no about it ,the case and Cert ...Then I'll play it...and if I like and have the dough..I buy it..

The store I went to gave me a new guitar out of the box when I decided on what I wanted(they had test guitars). I wasn't expecting that and it was a pleasant surprise. Of course he let me try that as well but only after I confirmed the purchase. Also that store didn't allow the use of picks, which while understandable didn't allow me to try out pinch harmonics.

I won't even pickup a Guitar unless I'm intrested in a purchase...First I inspect the Hell out of it...then I ask what they no about it ' date='the case and Cert ...Then I'll play it...and if I like and have the dough..I buy it..[/quote']

same here!

Deepblue.. you are correct GC is on 1092 Niagara Falls Blvd, Tonawanda just south of the falls across the street from Boulevard Mall; drop the wife at the mall and head across the street, that's what I do when we're down there..

Like TimA and Deepblue said out version of GC is the store we call L&M... I find that most of their business is in rentals so i can find more "used" units on the racks then new.

Another local store on our downtown Queen st asks anyone that's wearing a coat to take it off before playing a guitar.. and I find they are always cheaper than the L&M stores.

I have news for you' date=' that's [b']NOT[/b] what the soundhole is for! #-o

But they're called f-holes.........:(

Too far? Maybe.

[-X

When I go to guitar center, I never have any intention of buying a guitar. I'll still play a bunch of them. That's the fun of it. You can read all you want about different guitar, but until you play them, you have no idea. I don't abuse this priviledge though. I won't crank the amp and play Sweet Child o Mine while standing on a half stack (although it never crossed my mind until now). I'll jam out on a few and then go buy some strings. It's the a-holes who crank it to f up the Crazy Train Solo that really gets me. They should let people play the guitars. That's 3/4 of the fun. I played a vintage mahogony a couple weeks ago because a bunch of people on here had them and I wanted to see that they were like. They are a GREAT deal for a Les Paul. They play great and have Burstbuckers! Awesome. I would not have known this if I went to some little store that has signs posted that you can't touch the guitars. That's ridiculous. If the one you have to have has a few knicks on it, get a discount or have them order a new one. That's my two cents. :(

I like to buy from Musicians Friend. I get to be the first to open the factory box.

I'm not sure I've ever bought a guitar from MF that the box hadn't been opened first. The most obvious one was the faded SG bass. The box was some generic thing that clearly wasn't the orginal. OTOH, they packed it in a Gibson case when it was supposed to have a gig bag so who am I to complain? It still had most of the case candy too, except the owners manual was from a Robot!

I'm not sure I've ever bought a guitar from MF that the box hadn't been opened first. The most obvious one was the faded SG bass. The box was some generic thing that clearly wasn't the orginal. OTOH' date=' they packed it in a Gibson case when it was supposed to have a gig bag so who am I to complain? It still had most of the case candy too, except the owners manual was from a Robot![/quote']

I just returned a LP Std to MF. The guitar was obviously used or Gibson's QC really sucks. Either way, the guitar should never have been sent to me. But then again, they are owned by GC, which explains everything...

Archived