Gibson Brands Forums

The disappearing bass

Cruznolfart

I am astonished at and grateful for the consideration from so many of you guys when I had to pull the plug on my new bass order. Thanks for all your support and commiseration. And thanks, also, for the offers of other basses to look at and consider.

I learned that our neighbors older Son is in a custody battle for his diabetic 11 year old boy. His ex left him in a lurch and has since gone out of her way to make life miserable for him. He's working full time and raising his son but his attorney told him he had until this coming Friday to make his final payment or his case would be dropped. We're talking about a sum of money that the average working stiff 'round these parts isn't gonna come up with in a week. As it turns out it was only a few hundred bucks more than I got back when I cancelled the bass order, so we helped them out. He's a good man and a fine Dad and his boy wants to stay with him. What else were we gonna do?

So, guys...when you ask me, bless your hearts, when I'm going to get my new bass...it's going to be awhile. But I'm real good with it. And thanks again, you guys are great. [cool]

Thanks, Dub, I'm just a guy who had a great family who was always there for me. My neighbor lady is salt-of-the-earth type who raised her 3 kids right down the lane from us, has lived in the same cabin for about 50 years. Her kids are all great individuals who work hard and love their Mom. Heck, she still tears up when she talks about her late husband, now gone about 20 years or so. You couldn't have gotten better neighbors if you'd ordered them from a catalog. Really had no choice, how could we NOT help?

Crunz that was a really nice thing, and the right thing for you to do. Maybe this is proof things always happen for a good reason, had you gotten that bass you couldn't have helped that guy, and it's just a bass guitar, you can get one later (maybe one that's even better than the one you were after).

[crying]

Better to not have a bass then to not have a neighbor.

you are wise as you are kind.

Thanks, BH, we believe we all need each other somehow. And my li'l Shecter will serve me just fine for awhile longer. It's not really even broken in yet.

Cruz...basses come and go. Good hearts, and people with them, are worth far more, than any "guitar!"

Good job! You've shown your friend, and his son, something...that's all too often, missing, neglected or

unappreciated. Common decency, and Common Sense...and good values.

Cheers,

CB

Crunz that was a really nice thing' date=' and the right thing for you to do. Maybe this is proof things always happen for a good reason, had you gotten that bass you couldn't have helped that guy, and it's just a bass guitar, you can get one later (maybe one that's even better than the one you were after).

[crying

TG, you're so close to what the Missus and I were talking about when we learned of our neighbor's situation. We both said it had taken so long, only to find out it wasn't going to happen, there must have been a reason. I thought about how it would feel to play that bass and know our friends had lost their court battle only due to $$ they didn't happen to have when they needed it. I didn't mind losing out on the new bass at that point. I actually find myself feeling very grateful to have been able to help them.

There will always be basses, as you say. Thanks, compadre. [biggrin]

As it turns out it was only a few hundred bucks more than I got back when I cancelled the bass order, so we helped them out. He's a good man and a fine Dad and his boy wants to stay with him. What else were we gonna do?

Your a real stand up guy. That is something you don't see very often anymore.

Cruz...basses come and go. Good hearts' date=' and people with them, are worth far more, than any "guitar!"

Good job! You've shown your friend, and his son, something...that's all too often, missing, neglected or

unappreciated. Common decency, and Common Sense...and good values.

Cheers,

CB[/quote']

Thank you, Charlie, we are very glad and fortunate to have these people as neighbors and friends. They all deserve a break from all their worrying. Who hasn't been there in some way or another? It's actually provided me with more than ample reason for not feeling remorseful about cancelling the order.

Your a real stand up guy. That is something you don't see very often anymore.

I thank you for your generous compliment' date=' Laaz, but I really don't want to believe I'm anything of a rarity. An oddball, yes...in spades! But I would hope that most people would do whatever they could to help a good neighbor who was in some kind of trouble or need. That's what I would LIKE to believe.

Imagine that...a 61 year old idealist. B)

(friggin' hippies!)

Cruz' date=' That was an awesome thing to do. I know that what you will recieve in return will be worth many times more that the Bass.

God Bless you![/quote']

That was covered the instant we made the decision, thank you, Rec. We knew, when we got through discussing it, how important it was that we help. When we called our neighbor and subsequently walked down the lane to her cabin, and explained what we wanted to do for her son and grandson, the relief was unmistakable. If you've ever had a kid in trouble and been up against the wall trying to find a way to help them, thinking you might not be able to...what could possibly be worse?

For the cost of what was an unneeded indulgence for me, we managed to provide them with some shelter from their storm. We're very happy about that.

I learned that our neighbors older Son is in a custody battle for his diabetic 11 year old boy. His ex left him in a lurch and has since gone out of her way to make life miserable for him. He's working full time and raising his son but his attorney told him he had until this coming Friday to make his final payment or his case would be dropped. We're talking about a sum of money that the average working stiff 'round these parts isn't gonna come up with in a week. As it turns out it was only a few hundred bucks more than I got back when I cancelled the bass order' date=' so we helped them out. He's a good man and a fine Dad and his boy wants to stay with him. What else were we gonna do?

[cool

Makes me want to jump up on the table, point at you and shout at the top of my voice, "I KNOW that man!"

(except that we aren't even in the same state, I'm too old to jump up on any table, I rarely shout any more, and I don't really know you).

But nevermind! You're a good man and a GREAT neighbor!

That was covered the instant we made the decision' date=' thank you, Rec. We knew, when we got through discussing it, how important it was that we help. When we called our neighbor and subsequently walked down the lane to her cabin, and explained what we wanted to do for her son and grandson, the relief was unmistakable. If you've ever had a kid in trouble and been up against the wall trying to find a way to help them, thinking you might not be able to...what could possibly be worse?

For the cost of what was an unneeded indulgence for me, we managed to provide them with some shelter from their storm. We're very happy about that.[/quote']

The bass didn't come in for a reason. I think this was fate, a higher power knew what a good person like you would do with the money Cruz. I'm very happy you helped them out, it' gives me a warm feeling to know that someone out there like you, are still around to help people in need.

Cruz, I've always felt like you were a fine person, heck you drink Cheerwine how could you be bad? [cool] My opinion of you just went through the roof.

This just proves that I was right, my hats off to you man. Remember, good things come to good people.

Makes me want to jump up on the table' date=' point at you and shout at the top of my voice, "I KNOW that man!"

(except that we aren't even in the same state, I'm too old to jump up on any table, I rarely shout any more, and I don't really know you).

But nevermind! You're a good man and a GREAT neighbor!

[/quote']

Hiya, Bob, thanks for your props, mon! The trick to the table jumping is you gotta get one of those folding card tables, leave the legs folded up, lay it on the floor and, bingo! [cool]

And I don't really know you either but I betcha you've done something very similar a time or two in your life. I can tell you're a happy man, and I don't believe peeps can stay happy if they're ignoring the needs of their friends and neighbors. [biggrin]

Cruz' date=' I've always felt like you were a fine person, heck you drink Cheerwine how could you be bad? [biggrin'] My opinion of you just went through the roof.

This just proves that I was right, my hats off to you man. Remember, good things come to good people.

LOL! How can you NOT like someone who imports Cheerwine? LMAO!

Thanks, Bow, it was a no-brainer for us, really. The right place with the right stuff at the right time. Couldn't pass on the opportunity to do something good for a friend in need.

Cruzn'. I always figured You and Mrs. Cruzn' for fine folks but...

To the both of you'se this is way beyond fine! Hope things work out for your neighbor and his son. Things will definitely be easier for them with you folks as their neighbors/friends.!.!

Archived