Gibson Brands Forums

road worn

sexybeast14

I don't like that look on a Gibson, but if there are people who want them, then I wouldn't have a problem with them making them.

I like relic'd/worn Fenders, especially a Strats. I'd never buy a vanilla strat, it just looks too plain. I'm going to buy one soon and if I don't get a relic'd one I'll put a relic pickguard and knobs on it. Just looks better to me than a clean white one.

And to the people who say worn guitars look fake, the objective isn't really to make it look real, it's just a personal preference. I don't want one to project a certain image to other people (badass world weary old guitar), I want it for me, because that's the way I like it. If you don't like them don't get them.

I try my hardest to keep Stuff from happening to my Guitar. Why would I want a Pre-F#@Ked up one?

Fred1- if you like the Road Worn but don't like the rust or the look, try a Jimmy Vaughan Strat. They have the same Pickups as the Road Worn series, but nicer finishes and a Tone Control "Mod". The Tones control the Bridge and Neck pickup leaving the middle pick up wide open. Little different, but might be cool.

Maybe someone will beat it for me already :-

...#-o #-o

Back on topic: there's a certain beauty to a naturally aged guitar. The relic'd stuff doesn't get me the same way.

Oh, but wait--I'm not even dry behind the ears. I don't even have the right to say anything. Forget this post completely. My opinion's irrelevant--continue on, and I'll just go sit in my corner and cry.

es333003.jpg

Road worn should be real roadworn.

I purchased this blonde ES333 from a guy who had it with him all over the world from

Argentinia to Spain to all over Europe and back to Canada. Played a lot of Jazz on it

and the guitar is nicely aged. Does it have Mojo? Seems to me.

I gave the pups covers, added the missing truss rod cover and replaced the knobs with mirror ones like on my

335.No pickguard for this one: you can see a scratched spot between the pups and that's how I like it

to stay.

This baby sounds great and plays just as good as her much more expensive sister.

...#-o :)

Back on topic: there's a certain beauty to a naturally aged guitar. The relic'd stuff doesn't get me the same way.

Oh' date=' but wait--I'm not even dry behind the ears. I don't even have the right to say anything. Forget this post completely. My opinion's irrelevant--continue on, and I'll just go sit in my corner and cry.[/quote']

I don't want to have to beat it myself.... cut me some slack :-

At least you finally get it now, maybe you should use a towel to dry off after your shower, so you will be dry behind the ears #-o

XDemon- tell 'em to stuff it and keep being you. It's worked for dem00n, it can work for yooooouuuuuuu!!!!!

Take your nice new Gibson LP or SG and drag it behind the car' date=' to your next gig!

It will get plenty of road wear, and lose most of it's value, in the process...hench, CHEAP! ;>)

CB[/quote']

I was going to say the same thing ....except drive down a gravel road....

I don't like that look on a Gibson' date=' but if there are people who want them, then I wouldn't have a problem with them making them.

[/quote']

I was just kidding,my Les Paul Custom has real road wear. The finish was removed from the back of the neck because it was flaking off.

100_7763-1-1.jpg

I hear you Fred--after a while' date=' anyone would get tired of beating it by themselves. After all, it's so much more fun to get someone to beat if for you...OK, I'll stop.

Truetone6, I love that LP of yours. The exposed neck wood actually looks beautiful, IMO.[/quote']

Yeah, so that's why people pay for "mojo" *wink wink* :-k

You like his exposed wood, that's what she said.

On topic, Road Worn is stupid, Anyone who buys it is stupid, because they are stupid.

End o' discussion

someone on the forum said once that (and i remember the time) when a guitar like a road worn was called "B" stock. except now you pay full price for it.The people who buy these guitars should take the time to ware them in, not have it done at the factory.Most likey week-end rock stars. LMAO. like week-end bikers. wanna bees.

Archived