Gibson Brands Forums

What is the most OBSCURE Beatles song recorded????

onewilyfool

There were quite a few bootlegs over the years that had what was considered the really “obscure” stuff, but pretty much everything I’m aware that wasn’t on one of the major releases has been released in one form or another on the Anthology and/or BBC session discs. “If You’ve Got Troubles” and “Not Guilty” are a couple of examples – “If You’ve Got Troubles” was recorded during the “Rubber Soul” sessions, and “Not Guilty” was recorded during the White Album sessions (and later recorded for a George Harrison solo album.) Both of these showed up on Anthology discs. Other than fragments caught in the studio, alternate and live versions these are about the most obscure tracks I know of.

Its really hard to call anything obscure these days by the Beatles with so many anthology tracks having been released and so much now available on YouTube from who knows where. At one time I thought their Christmas recordings for their fan club were obscure, but now they readily available (and even Ringo re-recorded Christmas Time is Here Again. I thought John Lennon's original solo version of Free as a Bird and Real Love were totally obscure, but now those are readily available on YouTube, too. So, on this posting string I think I'll just read and not offer much more...although I do remember on a Beatle bootleg called "JSJ Presents Get Back", there was a recording of the Beatles singing a short song that contained the line "And when you walk" with Paul growling at the end of it that I have yet to hear, again.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

This doesn't fit the question but an ex-girlfriend once bought an old album at a yard sale entitled "Best of the Beatles", with a photo of the early Beatles on the cover. It would lead the casual observer to believe it was some sort of compilation of hits. What wasn't immediately apparent was that Pete Best was faintly circled in the photo.

It was an album put out by Pete Best. Get it? Best "of the Beatles"?

This doesn't fit the question but an ex-girlfriend once bought an old album at a yard sale entitled "Best of the Beatles"' date=' with a photo of the early Beatles on the cover. It would lead the casual observer to believe it was some sort of compilation of hits. What wasn't immediately apparent was that Pete Best was faintly circled in the photo.

It was an album put out by Pete Best. Get it? Best "of the Beatles"?[/quote']

Tink I got/had a copy of that!

Under a bed somewhere now

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Phil Manzanera (guitars, ex-Roxy Music)

Brian Eno (keyboards, synthesizers, guitar, and vocals, ex-Roxy Music)

Bill MacCormick (bass and vocals, ex-Quiet Sun, Matching Mole)

Francis Monkman (Fender Rhodes piano and clavinet, ex-Curved Air)

Simon Phillips (drums and rhythm generator)

Lloyd Watson (slide-guitar and vocals).

801 were a band I was really into in the late 70s and early 80s.

It's not an obscure Beatles song but I wonder if anyone else has stumbled upon 801 in their time?

Archived