First tracks!

Cruznolfart

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dennis...

Reminded me of my mid 60s rock band... <grin>

Gee, I wonder why. <chortle>

Glad you're here to sing it. We lost the lede singer from the band some years ago who did that one rather similarly.

Nice mix, btw. Lede... Hmmm... something with a fat 335 sound?

m

That was REALLY TASTY Cruz!

Many thumbs up!

[biggrin][lol] :- :-k[thumbup]

The feeling & the vibe were there throughout the piece. And the style of playing & your vocals brought into my mind THOSE guys:

(for those who don't know them, they are Greek and considered to be the BEST European blues band). Enjoy;

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Who sez you can't have fun when yer an ol' fart? Here's the first tracks for my very first studio project...EVER! Still a lot to do before it's finished but I thought it was high time to post my own noise.

Oh man... I LIKE that!!!

That REALLY makes me want to record again!!!

Good job!!

Send more!

Dennis...

Reminded me of my mid 60s rock band... <grin>

Gee' date=' I wonder why. <chortle>

Glad you're here to sing it. We lost the lede singer from the band some years ago who did that one rather similarly.

Nice mix, btw. Lede... Hmmm... something with a fat 335 sound?

m

[/quote']

Ha, Milo, you were time-travelling, my friend. We grew up in the same school in different places. Thanks for your compliments.

Funny thing, when we listened back to the first mix and got to the break I left for the instrumental solo, all 3 guys in the control room said 'Harmonica!!" LOL! So we're going to bring in their harp guy for some tracks, as well as some different guitar styles. Then, in the last verse we're adding just a taste of B3. After that it's just fill in with little stuff where it needs it. I'd like it to start off real basic...maybe a few bars of acoustic guitar and harp, then into the mix I posted, with all the additions joining along the way, culminating in some booty-bustin', full-on, big-bottom Blues for the last verse, chorus and outro. Hopefully it'll sound like I hear it in my head. [blink]

That was REALLY TASTY Cruz!

Many thumbs up!

[blink][thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

The feeling & the vibe were there throughout the piece. And the style of playing & your vocals brought into my mind THOSE guys:

(for those who don't know them' date=' they are Greek and considered to be the BEST European blues band). Enjoy;

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Hiya Hector! Thanks, man, I appreciate your compliments. And that clip sounded like they did it in my garage with the rest of us. Man, I'd LOVE to jam with those guys! Thanks for posting that.

Oh man... I LIKE that!!!

That REALLY makes me want to record again!!!

Good job!!

Send more!

Bob' date=' if it pleases you, it tickles me plum to death! [blink Thanks for the props, man. I don't know what's keeping you out of the studio now but I promise, if you ever get up here, that's where we're heading. [thumbup]

Great Tone' date=' love that sound! You have one of the best Blues Rock voices I've heard in awhile, why you hidin' it all this time.

Great Jam tune, wish I was there to lay down a lead track for you.[/quote']

Thanks, FM, I consider that high praise coming from you. That Big Bear gig gives you star-status, y'know? [blink] And I'd like that very much, that jammin' thing. I don't travel much but if we ever cross paths we gotta make some noise together. And if we do it up here, it's gonna be recorded for posterity, mon! [thumbup]

Very tasty. Cant wait to hear the final cut

Thank you, Robot, I'm kinda antsy about it m'self. It'll likely be a couple weeks, though, as Mrs. Cruzn has some travelling to do, which limits my time away. Gives me time to practice some different things, though, and that's always good.

Thanks' date=' FM, I consider that high praise coming from you. That Big Bear gig gives you star-status, y'know? [biggrin'] And I'd like that very much, that jammin' thing. I don't travel much but if we ever cross paths we gotta make some noise together. And if we do it up here, it's gonna be recorded for posterity, mon! [thumbup]

I'll definitely take you up on that offer if I'm ever up your way. Love jammin', specially when it's Bluesy[cool]. Of course if you ever come down this way you'll have to Jam here, you have an open invite to sit in with the band [blink].

I'll definitely take you up on that offer if I'm ever up your way. Love jammin'' date=' specially when it's Bluesy[cool']. Of course if you ever come down this way you'll have to Jam here, you have an open invite to sit in with the band [cool].

I'd be delighted to sit in with you, FM, and I appreciate the offer. Never know...:-k

That's great' date=' the sing sounds like you were having fun.[/quote']

Thank you, StiffHand, it was a LOT of fun. A new experience for me, something I've always wanted to do. And I was in the company of some of the nicest people I've ever met, let alone worked with. Things happen for a reason, and I know there's a reason I met these guys so long ago and became family with them.

That. Is. Rockin'!

Thanks for sharing. That's just plain fun to listen to. Makes me want to jam along... esp. on a bass' date=' odd as that may be... [/quote']

Well sir, I thank you for your compliments as well as your letting me know how much you enjoyed it. Man, if it made you want to play, that's probably about the nicest thing you could tell another musician. It's funny, but it was picking up the bass for the first time that got me started on playing again after a long period of waning interest and enthusiasm. I say go for it. [biggrin]

Archived