Gibson Brands Forums

PRS guitars

Thundergod

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I won't ask.... but I mean are there any dealers?

No. Factory direct.

Google Carvin.......

I've never had one of their guitars, but am a HUGE fan of their bass rigs (see my sig) and p.a. gear, monitors, ect.

I'm a Gibson player, but their guitars are very pretty. Like PRS.

No. Factory direct.

Google Carvin.......

I've never had one of their guitars' date=' but am a HUGE fan of their bass rigs (see my sig) and p.a. gear, monitors, ect.

I'm a Gibson player, but their guitars are very pretty. Like PRS.

[/quote']

[biggrin]

those things are sweet. I fell in love with the CT6. If you don't believe Murph, it looks like the standard "Custom" PRS'... just sayin'

Murph, I love Carvins, I want to play one, but the one I built, custom mind you, looks sweet and only costs 1350!

I am a convert. Hallelujah

I've never played a Carvin with any soul at all.

Well an electric anyway.. I've played a couple of their acoustics that I liked.

Sorry Murph. I just don't like 'em.

I've never played a Carvin electric either. I just said I've worked the crap out of their p.a. gear, and bass/monitor stuff. I LOVE their power amps too.

Joe Walsh plays Carvins.

Not me.....

Soul AND mojo? Wow' date=' things are getting curiouser and curiouser. Without a great player, I wonder how any guitar can have soul or mojo.[/quote']

I regret the cheesy no soul comment, what I really meant to say was that they're just f**ckin ugly.

This thread is completely retarded. Rocky4, you don't like PRS? That's fine, I don't like a lot of guitars either. You've had nothing positive to contribute after your first post and should have STFU.

By the way, what types of guitars do you own? I'll bet they're complete sh it. Actually, don't answer that, I've had enough laughs today.

I owned a PRS CE 24 1994 pre "factory" model. Traded it in for an SG, something about it was "in between" what I wanted. I could almost get an SG tone, and almost a LP tone, and almost a strat tone, but without one setting that I really LOVED I had to get rid of it for a SG 61 RI. However, I do believe there are good PRS out there and I would go as far as to say they are my second favorite brand.

I can respect anyone who's actually played Carvin guitars and is at least a decent guitar player or better so it's not user error and you simply don't like them for whatever reason.

That said, you can order one custom built to your specs, they'll build it in about 6 weeks, and if you really don't like it when you get it, you can absolutely send it back. They're pretty proud of their stuff and they should be.

Or, if you're ever coming to Kansas [don't know why you would but stranger things have happened [thumbup] ] PM me and you can stop by and play my KOA CS6. It's hands down the best guitar I've ever played much less owned. And, I've played quite a few in my 25 years of playing.

BTW, I am not in any way affiliated with Carvin in any way.

Carvin killed the PRS thread. Carvin killed the PRS thread.

Archived