Gibson Brands Forums

Insolent Attitudes on the Forum

rocketman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it does puzzle me that members would PM you concerning other members behavior?

What do they expect' date=' there isn't much you can do about it. [/quote']

Voice of reason maybe?

I think RM would be universally regarded as such.

just tell me to STFU.

Done.

[biggrin]/

Nah, yer cool Saturn!

Geez' date=' ChanMan is right. All the wrong ones are responding to this....[/quote']

I'd better respond right away!....

I'm also guilty of some smart @$$ remarks fairly often, but I really don't mean to offend anyone. And, I don't mind being called on the carpet if I DO happen to offend someone; I've got a pretty thick hide, too.

Lol Neo that isnt Homz.

How many times have you told me I was wrong?

How many times were you right?

Thought so...

[-(

EDIT:

After remembering the title - and original intent - of the thread' date=' I better add one of these so we know I'm joking.

:D/

There.

Much better.

[biggrin

You mean THIS guy?

www.mylespaul.com/forums/members/homz.html

Just sayin'....

[-(

Homz wouldnt change his IP address just to type one post.

Why do it here when he can do it in MLP where he acutal is. [biggrin]

Cuz it can annoy tons of people over here. And he actually has 4 posts bud.

All of his posts have been along the lines of his last "snicker..."

I wouldn't put anything past anyone.

Anyhow, thanks once again to Rocketman for being the voice of reason.

The humor too often does not get recognized in people's posts, misunderstandings happen.

We could all do a little better at avoiding that.

You know what?

Scratch that sweeping generalization....

There's a few folks on here who I've NEVER seen fall into that trap.

The rest of us should be so wise.

[biggrin]

Well I hope I haven't offended everyone. Disagreement is fine, and we've all heard the old saying that "variety is the spice of life". It is great to be able to discuss some of these aesthetic issues regarding music and guitars and getting different perspectives on the matters. However, I do think it is extremely important that we discuss things respectfully and intelligently. Sarcasm and cynicism is great and many of you make me laugh, just remember that some users are not as appreciative when it comes to diversity and opposing views. Other than that, I am thankful that such a great collection of music/Gibson lovers can get together and talk about this stuff.

Thanks to all you guys for your helpful and insightful input.

I work at a steel mill where there is a lot of jabs taken and given. Some are in fun, some are mean spirited. Any physical problem you may have, fat, big nose, hare lip, bald, etc is brought to you attention on a daily basis. Same as laziness, whiners, stupidity, etc. After a while, you see it as normal, and forget to turn it off outside the plant. We recently had a guy get his jaw broken after he smarted off to a guy at a gas station.

Hugs everyone. I'm glad we resolve this in a peaceful manner. If it wasn't for you guys, I'd have to go out and get real friends [cool]

Sorry, there'a that dry sense of humor.

I think the 24 or so hours we had w/out the forum made us realize how we take it for granted. Ok, I'm laughing in my chair as I was typing that.

Cake time.

Didn't even really call 'em out' date=' but I offended a couple by mistake - no sense of humor.

Then they decided to "teach me a lesson" with the usual results.

The Mod Squad had to save them!

#-o/[/quote']

I'm not much for stirring but I have to admit, that episode was just incredible. It was like someone threw a mouse into a room full of little-old-ladies. You'd'a thought the place was on fire! And all the huffing and puffing once the hammer got dropped was, frankly, comical. I might even, myself, under similar circumstances, be very tempted to utter the occasional "BOO!!" just for S&G's. [cool]

Archived