Gibson Brands Forums

Insolent Attitudes on the Forum

rocketman

The following is just my opinion.

I normally try to stay away from touchy subjects like this, but I've had a few people PM me about their frustrations with some members who make impudent comments. None of them are truly offensive or vulgar, so I don't think the mods should be bothered (they're already busy enough). But at the same time I think it'll be bad for all of us to lose some of our core members because of a few people who like to make disrespectful comments or start arguments without any intelligent thought behind them.

So as a forum member who tries to show respect to every member here, I'm just asking that you please try to do the same back. Jokes are perfectly fine when it's clear that it's a joke (heck, part of the reason I come here is that some of you make me LMFAO). Opinions are fine too as long as they are presented in a respectful manner. When I respond I always ask myself "would my best friend be offended with my comment?" before I hit the "Post" button. I'd hate to lose members who still have a lot to teach me and others (the biggest reason I'm here is to learn). We all don't need to be best friends, but please present yourself in a respectful manner.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Rocket, but you do realize that the folks this applies to will likely not realize it's them you're talking to...

Just an opinion.

As for me, if you think me rude or impolite, please say so and I'll curtail my posts.

Whats that in your avatar?

A flying v project? :-

Yep [lol] I putting an old Ibanez V back together. I got it in pieces quite a few years ago. The body used to red' date=' but it had been "Two Finger" Sanded over about 1/4 of the top. My brother gave it a good Black base coat after I sanded it properly.

The pickup wires were cut right in half so just had enough to solder back on. I just got it up and running last night, if I don't like the original pick Up, or maybe even if i do, I might put in Seymour Duncan or a Lace Red/Blue dually.[wink

Yep [crying] I putting an old Ibanez V back together. I got it in pieces quite a few years ago. The body used to red' date=' but it had been "Two Finger" Sanded over about 1/4 of the top. My brother gave it a good Black base coat after I sanded it properly.

The pickup wires were cut right in half so just had enough to solder back on. I just got it up and running last night, if I don't like the original pick Up, or maybe even if i do, I might put in Seymour Duncan or a Lace Red/Blue dually.#-o [/quote']

How dare you not post pics! [-(

Sorry for hijacking topic. :-

Well, I don't think I've ever attacked or outright insulted anyone here. But I do make my share of smart alec remarks. From my end, it's always made in good fun, but I hope no one has ever interpreted it differently on the other end.

If so, just tell me to STFU. I have thick skin [crying]

I have a lot to answer for. I really mean it, too. One long-standing scrap aside (that I can think of, at least,) I'd like to think that I'm probably on good terms with nearly all of you by now?

If I may, however, I'd like to take this time to make an all-purposes apology to anyone I've been a jerk to. I'm sorry.

I have a lot to answer for. I really mean it' date=' too. One long-standing scrap aside (that I can think of, at least,) I'd like to think that I'm probably on good terms with nearly all of you by now?

If I may, however, I'd like to take this time to make an all-purposes apology to anyone I've been a jerk to. I'm sorry.[/quote']

I have nothing to add.

Oh, wait! Here's something. If you ride at night, wear white!

Ohhh, you won't be near so insolent

If you brush your teeth with Pepsodent!

Bite me.....

[biggrin]

My attitude might change, quickly and without notice.

I'm a helluva nice guy.

Add beer.

Instant arsehole.

But I still like talkin' Gibsons, tubes, speakers, cables, pickups, ect......

I can tell when I'm banned, though...............

(I can't log in....)

[biggrin]

Geez, ChanMan is right. All the wrong ones are responding to this. This reminds me of when I chaired a very large technical committee. My first responsibility was to reduce its size. So I sent an email out basically stating "there are a lot of members who haven't been active on this committee; you know who you are so please just roll off the committee." Well, what happens? The most active ones were the first ones to volunteer to roll off. I guess I still haven't learned my lesson (hey, I'm the eternal optimistic!)...

I have a lot to answer for. I really mean it' date=' too. One long-standing scrap aside (that I can think of, at least,) I'd like to think that I'm probably on good terms with nearly all of you by now?

If I may, however, I'd like to take this time to make an all-purposes apology to anyone I've been a jerk to. I'm sorry.[/quote']

Flowers would be nice [biggrin]

Rocket, I hope I'm not sounding like a smart a$$ because that is not my intent. However it does puzzle me that members would PM you concerning other members behavior? What do they expect, there isn't much you can do about it. If these posts bother them so much, why don't they express this to the offending members or to the moderators? You shouldn't have to step up for them.

Once again I'm not trying to be cheeky.

Archived