Gibson Brands Forums

So I was thinking about leaving the faded club...

Thundergod

Hmm, if you can get $1,800 plus the pedalboard then it likes like a good deal. Sounds like you already have some regrets about selling it though from the first experience. Let me ask you this. Have you ever not played it for a long time? If so, did you miss it?

*EDIT*

Darn you! You already responded before I hit "Post." Always listen to wife. She gave me the old "don't you think you have enough guitars?" look after my latest PRS purchase. I told her that I'd take it easy for a while...

I certainly know what you mean. Happens in my world all the time. What is a real LP anyways? A '59 one has aged 51 years and its tone has changed a lot because of it. Of course we all believe that it sounds better, but is that a real LP? If so, then it wasn't a real one in '59....

You own a great guitar, from every aspect, but if:

1. You don't play enough with her

2. Gassing for others

3. You can't buy others unless you get rid of some...

then it's a one-way road. And you are already offered a good price...

(selling a lester... It's sad, even if it's financially / otherwise ''sensible'' thing to do...[biggrin] )

The fellow in question was doing what we call here in "Jawja" BARKIN, that being .....making alot of noise about something he has no clue about. Tone is as subjective as anything else on this planet. I have played lesters with aftermarket pickups that were spot on vintage tone to me and others and these guitars were chambered . [confused]

I'm a firm believer in never selling a guitar you like.

Many including me agree. In fact I cant sell the crap ones - they are part of my history too.

A professional muso I know says this - NEVER sell a guitar if you can avoid it NEVER. Because one day you will regret it.

LOL

I know... If she let me get my way the house would be all guitars and not even a TV :-

What is it some guitar widows have against us owning multiple guitars? My collection has increased 55% since I got married. As a surpirse my wife traded one of my guitars (that I was selling) for a better amp. She's great.

It really makes me sad when I read how many wifes say "No more/sell some." Especially when it hurts to get rid of some.

I hope I get to convince her to let me keep all of them plus the 3 or 4 (or 5 or 6) I still "need" [angry]

Problem is, the ist keeps growing.

On the good side of it, I'm no longer GASsing for a Firebird and an ES359. GAS for a R8 is quickly disipating too :-

I might have to buy only 2 or 3, but that means getting rid of amps or guitars of the same mass/volume range [lol]

Anyway, the thing is, I'm getting rid of 3 guitars, the les paul standard faded looks great and sounds great but everyday I notice one more tiny little thing I don't like (like some milimetric detail no one seems to notice but I do and it kills me!).

So right now I'm selling the charvel socal (already sold, the guy has to come pick it up as the check already cleared), the les paul standard faded, and one USA strat with vintage noiseless.

I want to be down to 4 before the wedding so I can bring some beauties back from our honeymoon [thumb]

Archived