Gibson Brands Forums

Little Known or Underrated Guitar Players

Rewddawg1

Guthrie Govan - one of the best in the business and criminally underrated.

Heard him today for the first time, you're right.

One of the best guitar players most have never heard is Tommy Emmanuel. You tube his Guitar Boogie or Initiation.

After hearing both of those guys, you may give up guitar.

Little-known' date=' under-rated, whatever...

Two guys who've sold millions and I've always liked a lot but nobody seems to know their name?

Lindsay Buckingham and Mike Campbell.[/quote']

lindsay.. wasnt he fleetwood mac then went solo??

One of the best guitar players most have never heard is Tommy Emmanuel.

He's well known around these parts. Tommy is at the top of his game - untouchable!

Also I thought I'd throw Dave Hole into the discussion - one of the world's finest blues slide guitarists.

Little-known' date=' under-rated, whatever...

Two guys who've sold millions and I've always liked a lot but nobody seems to know their name?

Lindsay Buckingham and Mike Campbell.[/quote']

See page 1. Never cared that much for Lindsay, but both of those guys are talented.

Also, I must add Richard Thompson to the list; great lyricist and song writer, too.

Heard him today for the first time' date=' you're right.

One of the best guitar players most have never heard is Tommy Emmanuel. You tube his Guitar Boogie or Initiation.

After hearing both of those guys, you may give up guitar.

His brother Phil is the better of the 2 IMO. Is a more rock/blues oriented guitarist.

Met him (though didn't know who he was at the time) just after I'd started playing when I was 13. He was jamming in a music shop in Tamworth,where I grew up,and like a moth to a flame I got talking,jamming etc as best as I could and he even gave me a few tips. Cool bloke.

Years later met him again when I was a regular gigger,went up to say G'Day to him,he was drinking out of a bottle of Jack's and shooting the sh*t with a few other hot shot Oz muso's - he didn't know who yhe fukc I was.:D Of course...but was still a great bloke to yak with.

But man can he play.[blink]

Harvey "The Snake" Mandel! He has recorded with Charlie Musslewhite' date=' Canned Heat, The Stones, John Mayall and is still playing and playing well....[/quote']

+10 brother. One of my biggest influences.

Another guy that doesn't get his due is Walter Trout.

Archived