Gibson Brands Forums

whitesnake? fool for your loving...

S t e v e

Ok, I'm a Child of the 80's so......

I don't think Whitesnake really found itself 'till John Sykes started writing riffs, then They really their potential with Adrian Vandengerg and Vivian Campbell. The stuff with Moody and Marsen sounded too much like all the rest of the 70's rock of the day. Less inspiring than UFO or Rainbow, definitely not up to Purple snuff.

Personally I believe their best Line Up is Doug Aldrich and Reb Beah on guitar and Tommy Aldridge on drums.

Their early stuff is still good, but the best was yet to come.

I'm a big John Sykes fan myself.

Whitesnake had already proven themselves as an excellent Blues/Rock band well before Vai showed up.

Slide It In was the last album I really liked.

By the time the hairspray/synthesizer era of Is This Love/Here I Go Again began I was done with them.

Fool For Your Loving was a good tune, but by then I was sick of Spandex and Floyd Rose trems.

I was sick of Spandex and Speed Chops as soon as it hit the scene, they were the only "Hair Band" I really liked. I was a little Blues Snob back then, so it took a lot for me to even acknowledge a new band, let alone buy their stuff. Something about Whitesnake, even the synth pop stuff, struck me as genuine. I don't think hair would have gotten that big if it weren't for Coverdale.

even though the newer one has steve vai on guitar...i'm voting for the original' date=' what a kickass band whitesnake were![/quote']

As usual I find I am of-a-mind with stevejoslhay.

I loved Bernie Marsden's stuff.

copyright of swleary INC. ... prohibited by law of any use without written consent lmao

LMAO is not a term normally seen in a legal disclaimer...

:D/

A few years ago I had a big disclaimer in my sig line' date=' with all sorts of legal contingencies covered.

Big fun.

:- [cool

Archived