Gibson Brands Forums

GOLD!!!

kerpalalexander23

That was the one with a $7500 MSRP, eh?

Later, they did one very similar for a couple grand less.

I have a great story about one of the local Guitar Centers trying to put the hard sell on the wife and I.

Gonna cut us a smokin' deal by letting me purchase it for list price + tax....

Huh...? :P

I didn't want the thing anyway, and damned sure wasn't paying that kind of money for it.

Collector piece or not, it just wasn't my cup of tea....

What ensued was the funniest, most pathetic-sounding used car sales bullsh!t I ever heard.

And this was from the manager!

It hung in the store for a couple years until it had foam rubber rash on the headstock and the back of the body.

They finally sold it - at a substantial discount I'm sure, because it looked like hammered sh!t.

That was the one with a $7500 MSRP' date=' eh?

Later, they did one very similar for a couple grand less.

I have a great story about one of the local Guitar Centers trying to put the hard sell on the wife and I.

Gonna cut us a smokin' deal by letting me purchase it for list price + tax....

Huh...? [blink]

I didn't want the thing anyway, and damned sure wasn't paying that kind of money for it.

Collector piece or not, it just wasn't my cup of tea....

What ensued was the funniest, most pathetic-sounding used car sales bullsh!t I ever heard.

And this was from the manager!

It hung in the store for a couple years until it had foam rubber rash on the headstock and the back of the body.

They finally sold it - at a substantial discount I'm sure, because it looked like hammered sh!t.

haha ive stopped going to guitar center for anything because they are usually the most slimy dudes out there. I was at the guitar center in hollywood with my boss and he was looking at a supreme. he told the guy he had 3k cash out the door and he supposedly called "corporate hq" haha and couldnt do it. Soooo we walked across the street, literally, to sam ash and offered 3k and got the same exact guitar for $2950 otd. GC is the last place ill look from now on to find gear. I work with a couple of dealers who basically go out and track down deals on guitars for me. i picked up the goldtop for $3500 if anyone cares

Nice score.

Hope ya like it, the one I saw was absolutely mint ( a return ),

sold for $3100. I actually thought about picking it up but I didn't cuz I

knew I'd probably never play the dang thing. Plus the one I saw had to be over 12 lbs. easy...

Heaviest guitar I ever picked up ( oddball ? ).

Sill nice guitar though, congrats!!!

Nice score.

Hope ya like it' date=' the one I saw was absolutely mint ( a return ),

sold for $3100. I actually thought about picking it up but I didn't cuz I

knew I'd probably never play the dang thing. Plus the one I saw had to be over 12 lbs. easy...

Heaviest guitar I ever picked up ( oddball ? ).

Sill nice guitar though, congrats!!![/quote']

Thanks yall for the comments!! yaaa the thing is a tank!! i couldnt imagine playing that thing for a two hour set, no way! ive got both the Gibson zw sig. bullseye and the Gison camo sig. and the goldtop is still way heavier then either of those guitars.

Archived