Gibson Brands Forums

Lets See your Man caves!

zombiebear

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a man cave unless you consider the barn my man cave...It does house some of my bigger toys.

I recently mentioned to my wife that I thought we should turn our formal dining room into a music room. I thought she would totally object to the idea. I was shocked when she agreed, saying since we seldom use it and the piano is already in there.

She saw the pics of some of the guitar cabinets that have been posted, and loves the idea, and said we need something similar to keep the room neater than the room the guitars are in now.

It still won't be a man cave because she plays too.

I don't have a man cave unless you consider the barn my man cave...It does house some of my bigger toys.

I recently mentioned to my wife that I thought we should turn our formal dining room into a music room. I thought she would totally object to the idea. I was shocked when she agreed' date=' saying since we seldom use it and the piano is already in there.

She saw the pics of some of the guitar cabinets that have been posted, and loves the idea, and said we need something similar to keep the room neater than the room the guitars are in now.

It still won't be a man cave because she plays too.[/quote']

Does she have a cute sister? [cool]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would show how our Dining room is transforming into a music room.

My wife loved the guitar cabinets that a few of you have...I asked a couple of you for the dimensions and detailed pics etc. But I guess you were too busy to help [wink] . So I took a few measurements of the bigger guitar cases --This is how it turned out.

The piano bench sure needs a new cover!! The last pic shows why I can't call it my man cave.

IM000747.jpg

IM000748.jpg

IM000744.jpg

Here's an outside view of the man cave. It is a 22 x 22 foot building setup just for a playhouse. Got a small bar in there, a woodstove, couch, pinball machine, jukebox, sterio system,dart board and of course music stuff and a loft for storage.

IMG_0087.jpg

And an inside picture of the girls hanging out by the jukebox.

IMG_0062.jpg

Dave

Dleth, that is a very nice mancave you got there! Course you broke the 1st rule of mancaves by letting a girl in there. Course if she plays guitar, then its ok to make an exception [lol]

I enjoyed looking at everyone's music rooms. I don't have a pic of mine but it is a shared music room/game room so not as cool as some of the mancaves posted.

Dleth' date=' that is a very nice mancave you got there! Course you broke the 1st rule of mancaves by letting a girl in there. Course if she plays guitar, then its ok to make an exception [lol']

I enjoyed looking at everyone's music rooms. I don't have a pic of mine but it is a shared music room/game room so not as cool as some of the mancaves posted.

I hear ya.

But truth be told, my wife is really cool. She even tickles the ivory's now and then. It is her firm belief that every man should have a garage or a cave.

We turn it into a theatre sometimes to watch movies or sporting events. I attach a digital projector to my cable box and stereo and project an 8 foot screen on the wall. Hockey games especially.

Dave

jbarker, that is a killer mancave you have there. Looks like you could pretty much do anything you need music wise in there. Oh and +1 bonus point for having a dog in the mancave! Our boxer loves music too so he hangs out in our music/game room all the time when we are playing music in there.

Archived