Gibson Brands Forums

Dim Sum

Thundergod

actually went to a Dim Sum place today for a brunch - supposed to be one of the best and very authentic food. It was good but almost too much work trying to figure out what is what as they roll the carts around and speak chinese. There was a bar attached to the restaurant that supposedly has every kind of saki made and the bartender decides if you deserve what you order or not? - kind of sounded like the soup nazi from the old Seinfeld show but since it was 11am on a Sunday didn't get to see it in action.

Blackie - not sure how to describe Dim Sum guess the easiest way to try is it's all kinds of little appetizers they serve at your table out of little carts all kinds of noodles and dumplings as well as appetizers portions of probably 20 different kinds.

dimsum.jpg

I love it too, but not as much as my wife. Every time we have a week day off together (because weekends in Chinatown are INSANE) she wants to trek down to the South Side for dim sum. The place we go to is only good if they bring you the menu instead of trying to flag down carts that only circle the perimiter of the room. Funny thing is my wife is Korean, but all of the waiters try to talk to her in some Chinese dialect. Man, she gets pissed. Like when some one asks her if she is Chinese or Japanese. Um, she's neither.

Also, got to watch out for cilantro. Not sure when the Chinese started getting heavy into it, but it shows up in weird places like steamed meat balls. The smallest fleck of that nasty herb and my gag reflex takes over. People actually eat that? They should ban it.

The wife being Asian' date=' feeds me all sorts of goodies. Home made..mmmmm![/quote']

My wife's mom is the best. She can cook insane meals. Koreans have this New Years day ceremony called Chesa where you honor relatives that have passed on and then eat this monster meal of rib stew, rice cake soup, all sorts of fired fish, savory pancakes, pickled vegetables, etc. Some times she guilts my wife (because I am so skinny) that she needs to cook more for me ([biggrin] tee-hee). Like Saturday night. My wife made this meat stew called budea jungol. Pigged out.

actually went to a Dim Sum place today for a brunch - supposed to be one of the best and very authentic food. It was good but almost too much work trying to figure out what is what as they roll the carts around and speak chinese. There was a bar attached to the restaurant that supposedly has every kind of saki made and the bartender decides if you deserve what you order or not? - kind of sounded like the soup nazi from the old Seinfeld show but since it was 11am on a Sunday didn't get to see it in action.

Blackie - not sure how to describe Dim Sum guess the easiest way to try is it's all kinds of little appetizers they serve at your table out of little carts all kinds of noodles and dumplings as well as appetizers portions of probably 20 different kinds.

dimsum.jpg

Looks good ! .........want some hot yellow mustard to dip it in.

Archived