Gibson Brands Forums

Racoon Taken Alive

Hall

It would be nice to say good old Uncle Edgar's method had been the arresting officer in this one, but I had barely made it home when at 01:30 hrs my, one friend called. Seems the coon finally had become a little careless and found herself in the pro's ground level cage. Something of an anticlimax, I know. But, as a result, she is not my responsibility; nor are the babies and repair. I understand the brats can be heard padding about the attic. She must have been up there longer than my one friend knew Gawd, I hope the trap got the right one! I'm staying away this morning until, one friend and the pro make contact. I wasn't born yesterday. And, there is much to be done yet, no? Yes.

I want to thank everyone for both their humane and murderous ideas as well. I dug them all. Sorry, for my destruction of the spelling of D-CON and any other gross errors. I had about a dozen things going at once and a Gateway keyboard made in, China. By the way, Uncle Edgar's tried and true method was, "live bait" as in small fish in a shallow metal pan and a tin of diluted moonshine next to it as a chaser. Hey, Neo! Turns out you were very close as a flat can of oiled tuna got her. Damn, I hope it is her and not a pal from the woods below. But the noises above this morn are alledged to be much less weight filled. Fingers crossed.

I want to torture her. I'll admit it. But, for those of you who are both human and humane as well, if the pro is true to his word she will be taken to live a life of ease in beautiful Verona, Ky. (I believe that one) some 25 miles south of my residence here above the Ohio River in old Kentucky, just across the river from, Cincinnati. It is el pro's job to capture and to bring her babies to her,yea, (I'll bet!) as well as repair and seal the house. Wonder if that has anything to do with why he hasn't returned my one friend's call yet, this morning. :-s At least I have Uncle Edgar's best brew which was put up all the way from, last year. Should this go right, I might even try the darn stuff.

I undersatand the racoon is a young one and still mean as heck. I'll go say, "bye", when the pro shows. Boy, I bet she is thirsty. Racoons need a lot of water. I could see to that. I sure hope this guy follows through, both for my one friend's sake, my own selfish needs, that "cute" racoon and her "babies", yuk. Please do a chant or some personal well wish as to this being, The End. [biggrin]

Hopefully I can soon change my avatar.

Great news and glad she was taken alive. When she is re-united with the young ones methinks she will probably calm down considerably.

They shouldn't be real hard to catch. I have myself captured a couple of young ones armed only with thick leather work gloves when I lived in the Black Hills (Milo's turf).

Thanks. But, isn't there always a, "but". The professional says he can't go up in the attic and get them until they start "squealing" for food as that is the only way to locate them. Then he tried to give my one friend the invoice saying, "the job might be over". Next, "you could have squirrels nesting and that is what you are hearing". I had warned my one friend of such. She refused the invoice and informed him she would accept and pay in full when he removed the babies. He nailed the facia corner back and said, "call me when you hear them squealing". Hmm.[biggrin]

Pick one or more:

1. Mail her the bill anyway?

2. Refusal to pay, re:small Claims Court?

3. Rotting carcass?

4. Me in attic with Noxema under my nose?

5. He keeps his word.

Think I'll put a new set of real (prior to death of Elgin) Gibson strings on my R8, put in the plugs and allow both Twins, the Super and the Reinhardt find the cops for me.

Thanks. But' date=' isn't there always a, "but". The professional says he can't go up in the attic and get them until they start "squealing" for food as that is the only way to locate them. Then he tried to give my one friend the invoice saying, "the job might be over". Next, "you could have squirrels nesting and that is what you are hearing". I had warned my one friend of such. She refused the invoice and informed him she would accept and pay in full when he removed the babies. He nailed the facia corner back and said, "call me when you hear them squealing". Hmm.[angry']

Pick one or more:

1. Mail her the bill anyway?

2. Refusal to pay, re:small Claims Court?

3. Rotting carcass?

4. Me in attic with Noxema under my nose?

5. He keeps his word.

Think I'll put a new set of real (prior to death of Elgin) Gibson strings on my R8, put in the plugs and allow both Twins, the Super and the Reinhardt find the cops for me.

Make sure the local Animal Rescue people know of your plight. They just might dog him into making sure he gets them out of there alive- or they themselves might get 'em for you.

tulsaslim,

The power posters are done with my plight. Talk about interest spans. But to the point, thanks. Sorry to say the closest thing to an, Animal Rescue there is in this God forsaken area is going to end up being me. And if I have to go up in that hot attic, find those babies, take their ukes away from them and then rescue them all by my lonesome; they're going on the mayor's desk. This place is zilch on public and humane needs. Sad.

Sorry to say the closest thing to an' date=' Animal Rescue there is in this God forsaken area is going to end up being me. And if I have to go up in that hot attic, find those babies, take their ukes away from them and then rescue them all by my lonesome; they're going on the mayor's desk. This place is zilch on public and humane needs. Sad.[/quote']

Call P.E.T.A.

Report the "pro's" for stealing the mother......

(or just tell em' you're gonna eat the babies. They did it on the Beverly Hillbillys all the time.)

[biggrin]

So much for the professionals, eh?

If they don't start making noise soon, they'll be dead before she hears anything.

If they're really young, they may never make a sound.

And squirrels on the other end?

Is he drumming up more business?

Is she supposed to do some work in sealing up the holes they utilize?

Wire screen mesh and a good staple gun sounds like the next tools needed here...

Who's going in?

Thanks. But' date=' isn't there always a, "but". The professional says he can't go up in the attic and get them until they start "squealing" for food [b']as that is the only way to locate them[/b]. Then he tried to give my one friend the invoice saying, "the job might be over".

Well, the job isn't "over", until the problem has been solved.

If there are still raccoons up there, then the problem still exists.

I'd get this guy a flashlight and tell him to start looking, listening and sniffing for critters...

And I wouldn't let him out of the attic, until he had found something!

EDIT: And by the way: Any veterinary will be able to determine if she has already given birth to the cubs.

Call P.E.T.A.

Report the "pro's" for stealing the mother......

(or just tell em' you're gonna eat the babies. They did it on the Beverly Hillbillys all the time.)

[biggrin]

That one might back-fire. While you are at work, the 'pro' might just un-board up the roof and set mamma free in your back yard.

He did get the adult female. She was a monster. I say 3 to 5 litter for sure. She had given birth. He did repair the facia. Said, " No way to find them til they "squeal" re: hidden in attic by Mom. "Call me when they squeal and I'll be back to get them".

I've called every freakin agency one can dream of, old farmers and been to see Uncle Edgar again (he doesn't believe in phones). All pros say the same thing. Never find them until they get hungry enough to cry and the guy is doing it right. By the way, the area's original, "Critter Gitter" killed himself. Scary profession, I suppose.

Bulletin: Pro just called my one friend. He is coming back this afternoon. Says he can't wait any longer for them to squeal. Has to find them. He is going up there. Sounds too good to be true, huh. 50ies Sci-fi movie! Money! Racoons! Squirrels! Money! Babies! Who knows. Maybe he is, "a pro" and doing it right. Today will tell us something about human nature I suppose. *Biggest female coon I ever saw; "cute" too with fangs and claws all spread. Even spits good.

By the way, Uncle Edgar said I was a disgrace to the family and to get my a** up there and get the critters for him. Gave me one canvass glove, "do your job boy". I am 59 years old! Will report at mission's end.

By the way' date=' Uncle Edgar said I was a disgrace to the family and to get my a** up there and get the critters for him. Gave me one canvass glove, "do your job boy". I am 59 years old! Will report at mission's end. [/quote']

Now that is funny!

[cool]

If I were in a situation like yours, my grandfather would tell me the same thing.

[confused]

He did get the adult female. She was a monster. I say 3 to 5 litter for sure. She had given birth. He did repair the facia. Said' date=' " No way to find them til they "squeal" re: hidden in attic by Mom. "Call me when they squeal and I'll be back to get them".

I've called every freakin agency one can dream of, old farmers and been to see Uncle Edgar again (he doesn't believe in phones). All pros say the same thing. Never find them until they get hungry enough to cry and the guy is doing it right. By the way, the area's original, "Critter Gitter" killed himself. Scary profession, I suppose.

Bulletin: Pro just called my one friend. He is coming back this afternoon. Says he can't wait any longer for them to squeal. Has to find them. He is going up there. Sounds too good to be true, huh. 50ies Sci-fi movie! Money! Racoons! Squirrels! Money! Babies! Who knows. Maybe he is, "a pro" and doing it right. Today will tell us something about human nature I suppose. *Biggest female coon I ever saw; "cute" too with fangs and claws all spread. Even spits good.

By the way, Uncle Edgar said I was a disgrace to the family and to get my a** up there and get the critters for him. Gave me one canvass glove, "do your job boy". I am 59 years old! Will report at mission's end. [/quote']

I was pondering counseling you to hand the one canvas glove back to Uncle Edgar and said,"Show me how it's done, unc :- ", but if he's anything like my uncles of that generation, he'd have called my bluff and gone up after the varmints. Then you'd have to not only get the baby 'coons out, you'd have to explain to the Judge why it is you had a dead uncle in the attic.

My guess is if the 'coons are recently whelped, they might still be blind as a bat and put up little fracus during the extrication. But that is ... a guess. Proceed at your own risk.

Mission accomplished. Three prisoners taken for de-briefing.

You sure there aren't more?

:- [cool][blink] [blink] [blink] [blink]

I trust you found the nest, and that the young 'uns are not active, strong, or mobile enough to wander...

Good on ya HG!

A little shame from yer uncle did wonders for yer motivation, eh?

:D/

Glad to hear of your success.

Holes closed up now?

Archived