Gibson Brands Forums

what would be the best LP from the "FADED" line ?

tsol

hi

i was wondering what would be the best Les Paul from the Faded line to get?

i own already a Faded FLYING V which is just fantastic (was about $600 USD new), i really see no need to pay the extra $ thousands for a more refined body finish or other useless signature editions and the like, i think all the FADED series from Gibson are the best guitars in terms of price to quality ratio, plus they are all made in US.

Curiously, since the first Faded series appeared , now i noticed their stock price has slightly increased ... did Gibson realize they were too good and priced not high enough? #-o

The 'best' Les Paul of the faded line? A faded standard of course!

DSCN2129.jpg

+5,754,326 for the LP Standard faded! Those things are unbelievable guitars! Those things ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for kinda yelling in a forum, but, yes, Gibson Les Paul Standard Fadeds are exceptional guitars and they are not priced very high for a guitar of that quality. If you can buy one, it's a great deal, and you wouldn't ever regret it.

(i shouldnt be doing this... but...)

Yes you should!

Just because the moderator may have been a jerk is no excuse for you to be. I only "know" you from the forums here, but I don't think you actually mean what you are writing. Many of us here I'm sure missing your company, and wisdom. The moderators may not care about you guys with your Fender or PRS avatars but we, the others members, do. If I'm wrong then just go to Fender's, or PRS's websites and say whatever you want there about Gibson.

If I'm right then bring back your very intimidating avatar and come join the group for a big ol' hug. Well maybe just a firm handshake..........

BTW, this goes for LPDen and the rest of you instigators! :-k

As always, just my humble opinion.

GuitarJunkie, I guess your handle tells me the answer but I'm intrigued as to why you'd buy anther guitar exactly the same as one you already had?

Sorry if I sound like your wife or dad, but I have my fair share of axes and each one is different from the others.

Each to their own, but I'm curious. I know people with 6 or 7 Strats and the Historics fans seem to find endless pits of cash to spend on numerous RI LP Historics. Hell, I saw one guy who must have had 20 R9's in a family shot.

I find variety is the spice of life and I don't need a replica of my main axe as a back up for gigs, I'll play whatever I brung. Perhaps when I get one of every guitar I currently lust after I'll start duplicating the ones I have. Or perhaps I'll be divorced and in penury before I know it!

Good luck on your VM purchase btw.

GuitarJunkie' date=' I guess your handle tells me the answer but I'm intrigued as to why you'd buy anther guitar exactly the same as one you already had?[/quote']

When I ordered the honeyburst, I was kind of hoping for a finish a little more different than the tobacco (sort of an "un-burst"). When I do the Virtuoso treatment on it, I might go a little heavier on the cleaner this time to try and get through the finish and more into the natural wood. Finish aside, I play some slide live so I wanted another LP I could leave in open tuning. Plus, at $1375 I couldn't pass it up.

No' date=' it's not solid. It's weight-relieved, and the top is a mahogany cap.[/quote']

Then I would assume the cap is solely for the purpose of weight relieving them. Probably more of a factor though, is that when you consider the thickness of the body (back), the top (including the extra wood before they carve it) they would have to use extremely thick slabs of mahogany to build the VMs. Getting quality mahogany that thick would mean the end of the "under-one-thousand-dollar" Les Paul as we know it. The Explorers and Vs are about the upper limit as far as one piece thickness. A VM would have to be three quarters to a full inch thicker.

wow

thanks for the advice, ill be looking forward to get that LPVM .. it looks nice, i bet it does sound nice too

are those still available for sale , new ???

i see its priced now $899 ... is that related to the oil price or ?

WTF! LOL

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar-103371357-i1149476.gc

tsol

Archived