Gibson Brands Forums

Coke Zero

grampa

I had the "opportunity" to try this a few days ago. Now when I hear them claim that it is as good as real Coke I channel Joe Wilson and yell "You lie!"

The first sensation was an immediate explosion of chemical sweetness followed by that weird metallic after taste of these horrible sugarless sweeteners.

Anyone else try this abomination?

I tried Zero once. Didn't do much for me. I keep some small bottles of regular Coke in the fridge but they last a long time. I end up giving them away to anyone who walks in the kitchen. My wife drinks a phenomenal amount of Pepsi. She buys 5 or 6 eight packs of bottles and they last about a week. But she weighs about 100 lbs soaking wet.... so much for soda being fattening. I can't drink Pepsi, it tastes like battery acid. Coke is a little better I guess. I've been drinking Dr. Pepper a little lately but my soda drinking amounts to 1 or 2 a week.

Back in the early 80s when they had glass bottles and no corn syrup I couldn't drink enough of the stuff.

Compared to Diet Coke, I prefer Coke Zero. My favorite is Coca Cola, but I've developed a taste for the diet stuff as I don't need the calories. Actually, I have noticed that all non-diet pops leave a sweet after taste that lingers for about an hour. So, I don't drink much non-diet.

As far as the metallic taste. There is no beating Coke out of a glass bottle. If you ever see those little promotional 6 packs buy one and you will see what I mean. Plastic and aluminum impart a weird taste. But we have to put up with it as glass bottle use in the soda industry pretty much stopped in the 70's, due to the cost of shipping the extra weight, then the cost of collecting, shipping and cleaning of the empties, not to mention the administration of the program.

My favorite diets, Diet Dr. Pepper (and the various added flavors) and diet orange Mmmmm mmm. Can't tell it's diet.

But I still have to limit the Diet because, even though the calories are gone, soda still has the sodium, which we need very little of.

Ya wait till all of you develop type 2 diabetes and have to drink diet pop.........kidding..hope nobody gets that

Try having to drink diet pop for the last 32 years....I'm glad most manufactures actually started making diet pop because 32 years ago , you had one choice.....TAB !!! that stuff was horrible....

Archived