Gibson Brands Forums

Necks

SG dude

Hey guys,

I remember this was one of the first polls i saw on these forums [confused] long time ago. (I think [biggrin]) So i just thought i'd see what the results are this time with all these new guys aswell.

Have fun, feel free to comment.

Ryan.

Oddly enough, in my case...it depends on the guitar.

I like '60's necks, on SG's, for example, but have no problem with a '50's

neck, on a Les Paul. Being hand made, mostly....they vary, sometimes quite a bit.

I have several varied, but advertised as '60's necks, on my Gibson's. And, my other

guitar (brands) have various neck radiuses, and all play well. So, again...it really

depends on the individual guitar...for me, anyway. ;>)

CB

It was me who posted that thread! I think it may have been my first thread.

Personally I like a neck to have a fairly narrow width. If the fretboard is the perfect width, I don't really care too much if it's thick or thin. I love a late '60s SG neck profile. The '67s that I've played all had the best necks I've ever felt.

It was me who posted that thread! I think it may have been my first thread.

Personally I like a neck to have a fairly narrow width. If the fretboard is the perfect width' date=' I don't really care too much if it's thick or thin. I love a late '60s SG neck profile. The '67s that I've played all had the best necks I've ever felt.[/quote']

Sweet! Well that was one i enjoyed reading in on, so thats why i thought i'd resurrect it :^o Be cool to see if anyones preferences has changed, and with that, i must confess. I used to like the big '50's necks, but now ive changed, im a 60's guy now. [angry]

Ryan.

I recently acquires a '01 SG Special and it comes with the 50's style neck, I was concerned about the neck being to fat as I have felt many SG's in the past that have FAT necks, but I was very happy and pleasantly suprised when I got the guitar, I bought if off ebay far a very good price and I typically like to try before you buy but it worked out this time

Archived