Gibson Brands Forums

New ...TC Electronic PolyTune! Anyone any experience with this new tuner?

DeVeeWee

...PolyTune...seems a nice guitar tuner: you strum all strings and you get the diagnosis for each string individually...anyone any experience with that revolutionary method of tuning?

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

When it first came out, I thought it would be a passing fad. Then saw it in use. It is no passing fad, its a revolution. Coolest thing out since sliced bread, I think for most players who play in standard tuning, it is a good send because you could check really quick if you think something is out.

I want one

I wonder if it matches the Petersons in accuracy.

No, Peterson tuners are more accurate. TC says the polytune is accurate to 1 cent. Peterson tuners have an accuracy of 0.1 cent. The Turbo Tuners beats this again with an accuracy of 0.02 cents.

I'm not sure if the Polytune is has the full accuracy in the polyphonic mode with only 5 LEDs per string, as opposed to its monophonic mode which has a much higher display resolution. In any case 5 LEDs isn't much of a precision display, but I'm sure it's fine for a quick tune-up on stage.

BTW, it's not the first polyphonic tuner as they claim. The VG-99 has that, but you need a hexaphonic pickup...

DJ

--

• 3 weeks later...
No' date=' Peterson tuners are more accurate. TC says the polytune is accurate to 1 cent. Peterson tuners have an accuracy of 0.1 cent. The Turbo Tuners beats this again with an accuracy of 0.02 cents.

I'm not sure if the Polytune is has the full accuracy in the polyphonic mode with only 5 LEDs per string, as opposed to its monophonic mode which has a much higher display resolution. In any case 5 LEDs isn't much of a precision display, but I'm sure it's fine for a quick tune-up on stage.

BTW, it's not the first polyphonic tuner as they claim. The VG-99 has that, but you need a hexaphonic pickup...

DJ

--[/quote']

TC Electronic PolyTune Chromatic Pedal Tuner Specifications:

Tuning accuracy: ±0.5 cent

Reference pitch: A4 = 435 to 445Hz (1 Hz steps)

Input impedance: 500 kOhm (pedal on)

Power supply: One 9V type battery or AC adapter (9V DC), sold separately

Current Draw: 45-50 mA (typical use)

Dimensions: 3"W x 5"D x 1-3/4"H

Weight: 10.6 oz. (incl. battery)

Included items: One 9V battery, two pieces of 3M velcro for pedal board attachment

• 4 weeks later...
If you have an iphone' date=' you can download the PolyTune app for free. Works much better than Gibson's free tuner app -- in fact I deleted that app once I snagged the PolyTune one.[/quote']

Alas, not for free in Europe ...

Afbeelding6.png

Does it only do normal tunings?

You can do chromatic tuning automatically and adjust to any other tuning you like.

But more importantly you can tune all strings simultaneously. On top of that, it has a true bypass.

You can do chromatic tuning automatically and adjust to any other tuning you like.

But more importantly you can tune all strings simultaneously. On top of that' date=' it has a true bypass.[/quote']

Hmmm...this or the boss chromatic tuner!

The boss one is built like a tank, i dont know about that one.

Hmmm...this or the boss chromatic tuner!

The boss one is built like a tank' date=' i dont know about that one. [/quote']

dem00n, you can go to war with this one too [biggrin]

I dunno if the BOSS is true bypass, do you know that?

If you have an iphone' date=' you can download the PolyTune app for free. Works much better than Gibson's free tuner app -- in fact I deleted that app once I snagged the PolyTune one.[/quote']

That was only for the 1st day, a set number of downloads for free, I forget the number.

It's $9.99 now.

I'm on TCE's mailing list so I snagged my free copy. Eh, it's ok. I'll stick with my Korg Pitch Black.

I have it on my iPhone and it works wonderfuly. No need for other tuners, I think the poly-tune feature is the best, you can check what string is out of tune just by strumming, you can tune that way but if it's only one string it's easier with the conventional way (which this thing offers too!)

A no brainer IMO

I have it on my iPhone and it works wonderfuly. No need for other tuners' date=' I think the poly-tune feature is the best, you can check what string is out of tune just by strumming, you can tune that way but if it's only one string it's easier with the conventional way (which this thing offers too!)

A no brainer IMO[/quote']

TG, I agree completely with your statement. I've just tried out the Polytune and it's a very accurate(+true bypass) tuner! He's gonna be part of my pedalboard ...

Archived