Gibson Brands Forums

As Blackie says this IS a guitar forum

Artie Owl

Here's me. Here's my SG. If you don't like the music just turn off the amp and enjoy the well cared for and polished guitar. I'll post more audio/video when I find a decent way to record at home, this was my first video with my new digital camera and I wanted to see what it could do audio wise. Just noodling around on a B blues if I remember right

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="227" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=b053c43889&photo_id=4616125307"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=b053c43889&photo_id=4616125307" height="227" width="400"></embed></object>

and if that embedded thing didn't work (Because I really don't know how to do it) here's the link;

Camera Demo

Keep playing man , the link worked for me , and if i could remember how to ,I'll post some more when i have time.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Hey, yup, yup, yup on the pickin'. Nice stuff.

Yup, yup on the guitar itself although to be reeeally honest about it, I'd like to hear it plain through a clean amp too - especially if your intent were to see how the camera's mike worked.

I thought it worked rather well, myself, by what I could hear given the amp distortion, but this particular computer's speakers are cruddy... I've gotten yelled at for mentioning that. I'll listen later on a computer with much better speakers.

As for the age thing... Don't feel bad.

When you lose that 10-year-old inside you, you may as well have somebody get ready to get you planted, 'cuz you may as well be dead anyway. As for feeling 40... Gee, I wish I was that young! <chortle>

m

Thanks guys, means a lot.

Milod, yeah I know what you mean about clean but sometimes I find it a bit harder to free up my playing when clean, the growl from distortion carries me between notes sometimes, but I guess it's good to challenge yourself too. Once I put some stuff together into an actual song I'll try posting up on flickr again.

Blackie is right , He did say it. it's a Gibson guitar forum and imo people should post some of their playing once in while.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

The camera I got was meant for all purpose, and honestly I was fairly satisfied with the image/sound quality for a trial run. I might get better results tweaking it here and there, but it was still decent overall.

I've been told for recording directly you can buy a product by Boss called a Micro BR line recorder for around 200$ at most music places/tech stores, which is a direct line input for recording. Maybe that will work for you Zigzag

As for being shy I know how they feel, when I was in concert band in grade 12 we were picked to do jazz solos and everyone who was picked to do one stood up, except me, [biggrin] I still did the solo however.

I agree with you on that. it's ok to be shy, it's understandable. I was not suggeting that it must be done,but more of it would be nice. no more .Also

when i put my vids up i didn't show my face. nobody has to . only an idea.

I would enjoy sharing' date=' but currently do not have the means. Anyone have any recommendations for the least expensive way to make a quality recording and get it to the internet?[/quote']

I used a , like $29-$39 web cam . no it was not great vid. but it did the job. with no big investment.

Shoot' date=' I should have worn my AC DC concert Tshirt instead of my free Beer tshirt, I mean both are pretty rock and roll, but AC DC and SG go together like wet and bikinis[/quote']

Beer goes with Everything! Great playing! Who influences you?

coors_bikini.jpg

Archived